hf1

Swim Nappies..

My avatar
KittyMay
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Swim Nappies..

Postby KittyMay » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:24 pm

Which is your favourite swim nappy and why? Which would you recommend me?
We have never had a swim nappy :oops: Having said that we have very rarely been swimming. We took the girls today (only the second time they have been), it is part of Anna's physio really, but they really enjoyed it and we would like to go more often. I had to use a swim sposie whilst there, EEEURRRGGGHH how do they work???? When I took it off Katie, water or probabaly wee just splashed out of it onto the floor :puke: :puke: . So if we are going more often I would really like a proper swim nappy.
So can anyone recommend one for me?
Oh on a side note, regarding swimming not nappies has anyone ever used ear plugs whilst swimming? DH was taking Joseph swimming regularly but we had to stop due to amount of ear infections Joseph was getting. I bought him some ear plugs today, Do they work?

Wendy x

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Swim Nappies..

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:51 pm

Where take the kids swimming they insist on double nappies - a huggies disposable with a splash about happy nappy on top.

The huggies swim nappy will still have water (or wee) in it, but the chlorine in the pool kills all the bugs so there is nothing to worry about. When I take them off, if there's any yellowish colour it goes in the bin, if not it gets squeezed out into the pool and taken home to dry off and be used again. I get about 10 uses at a guess out of each nappy.

The splash about nappy is neoprene, and snugly goes on top like shorts. It in theory is meant to stop any icky messes getting out. I think they're quite good if you get one that fits properly. I've never had a mess in it mind you, i can imagine it'd be messy to get off if there was poo in there.

I have also used and loved kushies swim nappies on ds. They're a bit like a disposable shape - velcro on top with an added tie bit to make sure it doesn't come undone in the water. They're quite nice and work well on top of the huggies and are easy to undo if there was a mess inside.

re: earplugs - i used to use them quite a bit. wouldn't be game on using them on kids myself as I had to shove them quite far in until they sealed properly and i'd be scared of hurting kids / doing damage. Unless your son is old enough to speak up and ensure himself that they are far enough in.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:20 pm

We use an imse vimse swim nappy with a happy swim nappy on top.swim nappies are made to not be absorbent so the wee just goes into the pool.they are more for the containment of poo.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:00 pm

lazylexis wrote:We use an imse vimse swim nappy with a happy swim nappy on top.swim nappies are made to not be absorbent so the wee just goes into the pool.they are more for the containment of poo.

I use exactly the same combo ... although often I put the imse vimse on with a UV Suit on top as this makes him easier to keep hold of, not as slippy!

I think Jabula has some Imse Vimse in clearance at the min :wink: They are great as there is a popper at the side so if there was mess you are not pulling it all down their legs trying to get it off them!

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:36 pm

We use an imse vimse swim nappy. Our pool doesn't specify about wearing sposies as well. The swim nappy would just catch a poo.

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:46 pm

We always use Imse Vimse they are great and have never had any problems but watch the sizing I think they come up really small. :wink:

My avatar
KittyMay
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby KittyMay » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:54 pm

emmavmorgan wrote:We always use Imse Vimse they are great and have never had any problems but watch the sizing I think they come up really small. :wink:

Thanks for the replies I have just been looking at imse vimse and was wondering about the size. Katie got weighed at hospital last week and was 10 KG so was thinking of getting a large and hoping it would last, but not too sure if we would get much use out of it now .

Wendy x

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:56 pm

I don't think they come up small ... Rufus is in a small at almost 20lb ... he's in M/L in his nappies & has massive thighs & it does us fine.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:51 pm

Nathan's about 25lb at a guess and most of his larges are on the tightest or 2nd tightest snaps but a large imse vimse is quite tight on him.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat