hf1

Swim Nappies..

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Swim Nappies..

Postby emmavmorgan » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:23 pm

lazylexis wrote:Nathan's about 25lb at a guess and most of his larges are on the tightest or 2nd tightest snaps but a large imse vimse is quite tight on him.

Yes thats what I find to, maybe its just the larges?? but would still highly recommend them.

My avatar
KittyMay
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby KittyMay » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:36 pm

Oh heck, I have just bought a large, hope it will fit ok :shock: Sure we will get some use out of it. Also bought a Happy Swim Nappy.

Right Perhaps a silly question here but, do you wash them with your dirty nappies (I'm certain you would if there was a poo) of do you just pop them in with your normal wash (if just wet)?

Wendy x

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:44 pm

The imse vimse I wash with usual washing but the happy nappy is rinse in cold water only acc to the label.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:07 pm

lazylexis wrote:We use an imse vimse swim nappy with a happy swim nappy on top.swim nappies are made to not be absorbent so the wee just goes into the pool.they are more for the containment of poo.

That's what combo we use too.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:46 am

Interesting what you guys are all saying about needing a combo at certain pools
My DS has always had on a tots bots swim nappy - and nothing else.
No-one has ever mentioned needing a happy nappy!
We've only had one dirty nappy in the pool - and containment was really good, but as a general rule - after 18 months of swimming we've only had that 1 dirty one from him!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:54 am

emmavmorgan wrote:We always use Imse Vimse they are great and have never had any problems but watch the sizing I think they come up really small. :wink:

I think they come up huuuuuge :shock: We have an XL as Rhys is just over 15 kg and it's pretty big on him, an L would probably be better for him right now, but I don't think we'd get long out of one, so for the long run the XL is going to be better for us, just a shame it doesn't fit too well at the bottom end of the weight range.

I like the IV nappy, but had a problem with mine, the lycra went all saggy on it in no time, hopefully it's just a one off, I'm awaiting a replacement at the minute so hopefully that'll not have any problems.

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:47 am

Having thought about it maybe its me and not the sizing? I have absolutely no idea what DS's weight is :hohoho: I just went for a large as all his nappies are size 2s or larges. I didn't even think to check the weight range maybe thats why I think it comes up small :hohoho:

I would also add that we only ever swim in the sea and they are the best I have found for the beach as they don't wear out as fast and also the sand doesn't get embedded in the fabric like some. DS has 2 and they are washed everyday I just chuck them in with all our swimming things at the end of the day. I was just working it out they must have been washed at least 40 times :shock: and still look like new the other ones I would recommend are pollyotters I think they are from the USA but they are really hard to get hold of.

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Swim Nappies.

Postby ebonina » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:28 am

There were a couple of children in bumgeniuses without the absorbent inserts in the pool I was at yesterday. I have a pair of swim knickers for R, but they are still a bit big round the waist so always go after she has done a poo.
Last edited by ebonina on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:43 am

ebonina wrote:There were a couple of children in bumgeniuses without the absorbent inserts in the pool I was at yesterday. I have a pair of swim knickers for Ruth, but they are still a bit big round the waist so always go after she has done a poo.

I have used fuzzis before without an insert they work fine :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat