hf1

No tumble drier, crunchy nappies...try this....

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: No tumble drier, crunchy nappies...try this....

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:26 pm

ramsons wrote:
JabberJabber wrote:
ramsons wrote:Its worth it, my hemp is definitely strokeable now :babyroll:

and you say I'm mad!

come round and join me :hug: we can have a hemp stroking party :widesmile:

:hohoho: Hope no Police officers read and that get the wrong end of the stick....

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:30 pm

funnily enough I was thinking of trying this exact same thing this morning - I stayed with a friend last week with a tumble dryer and put my nappies in as I needed to get them dry quickly as I was running out. I only put the heat on low as I was scared of wrecking them, so they ended up still being wet and cool after 20 mins (her tumble dryer was a bit poo!), so they were still dried on the line in the end, but they were so much softer I couldn't believe it, so I figured it must have been the friction effect. I wondered if I could replicate it in the washing machine - will definitely give it a go. I've got some eco-balls, I'm sure I can use those to try with :D

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:45 pm

Miss_Purple wrote: I've got some eco-balls, I'm sure I can use those to try with :D

I'd be interested to know if that worked. I assumed the drier balls worked as they had the sticking out bits that fluffed it up, but if flat round ones work as well it means you could pretty much throw anything in and end up with softer nappies. :D

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Oooo I am going to have to give this a go!

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:50 pm

twinkletot wrote:Oooo I am going to have to give this a go!

WSS! Great idea :wine:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:51 pm

ramsons wrote:
Miss_Purple wrote: I've got some eco-balls, I'm sure I can use those to try with :D

I'd be interested to know if that worked. I assumed the drier balls worked as they had the sticking out bits that fluffed it up, but if flat round ones work as well it means you could pretty much throw anything in and end up with softer nappies. :D

I wonder if any other sorts of balls would work - tennis balls? (Serious questions!)

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:14 pm

i do have a tumble dryer but i dont like to use it much so this idea is brilliant.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:18 pm

JabberJabber wrote:
ramsons wrote:

I wonder if any other sorts of balls would work - tennis balls? (Serious questions!)

It's possible - will let you know how it goes tonight - I'm doing a nappy wash at the moment.

I was under the impression that it's breaking up the calcium deposits in the nappies which build up due to hard water that makes them softer, so although the spiky balls will probably work best the others should work too, and might be gentler on embroidered nappies?

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ktinkley » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:45 pm

got to be cheaper than the tumble drier, and gentler on the elastic too

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat