hf1

Working out prices for selling?

My avatar
JennyWren
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Working out prices for selling?

Postby JennyWren » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:27 am

Hi all, can you advise please? How do you work out a cost for selling on nappies/wraps? If you bought them preloved do they then devalue being at their 2nd home or is it just based on their current condition?
Ta in advance.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Working out prices for selling?

Postby babyroo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:47 am

I would just base it on their current condition, never mind how many owners. Three (or more) careful owners is better than one not careful in my books :D

My avatar
JennyWren
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby JennyWren » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:30 pm

Hi Ali, thanks for your advice. Makes sense to me. One or two of the nappies I bought preloved looked like they'd seen a few owners (but not advertised as such). Fortunately a rare occurrence, I find that most people are honest and generally the nappies I've bought preloved have been in great condition. Well let's face it, we all take care of our lovely nappies don't we - they're our prized possessions!
Jenny x

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:52 pm

LOL,yes, I'm not worried about the rest of the washng, but the nappies get special care taken of them :D

My avatar
emste76
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby emste76 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:20 pm

as babyroo based on there ccurrent condition you could have had a nappy that had been owned by four people but only used occassionally or a nappy that has abeen used and used by just one person. My nappies get better treatment when washed than some of my own clothes how sad is that!!!

My avatar
JennyWren
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby JennyWren » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:09 pm

emste76 wrote:as babyroo based on there ccurrent condition you could have had a nappy that had been owned by four people but only used occassionally or a nappy that has abeen used and used by just one person. My nappies get better treatment when washed than some of my own clothes how sad is that!!!

Absolutely! Clothes, couldn't care a less if they come out shrunken or dyed! Nappies, well have been known to lovingly watch them spin around and as for the folding, sniffing and arranging neatly in the box...! Hubby says he is worried about me now that Livia is PT. He's not sure what I'm going to do with my time? Probably thinks I'll be on Ebay again, ahem..
Still, think I will have to hang on to some nappies for night time back up. Liv mostly dry in the morning, which makes it all the more reason not to use despicable, wasting money and resources. So could prolong the pleasure for a little longer!

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Claire » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:13 am

I'm trying to work this one out too. I really need to make some room and make some funds. My newborn nappies need to go but how do you put a price on something that you don't want to part with :cry: It's just going far too quickly. Every time I get them out of the cupboard to decide a price to advertise, I give them a little stroke and they go straight back into the cupboard. I'm useless! :roll:
x

My avatar
PIKMIN
Clothie
Clothie

Postby PIKMIN » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:20 am

Claire wrote:I'm trying to work this one out too. I really need to make some room and make some funds. My newborn nappies need to go but how do you put a price on something that you don't want to part with :cry: It's just going far too quickly. Every time I get them out of the cupboard to decide a price to advertise, I give them a little stroke and they go straight back into the cupboard. I'm useless! :roll:
x

but just think of the pics you get to see on sites like his of a newborn wearing your departed nappies :mrgreen:
just out of curiosity what newborn nappies do you have :twisted: due in about 4 weeks here :lol:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat