hf1

BG v3's

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

BG v3's

Postby ems101 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:42 pm

My little girl is in her first BG v3 nappy, and i was quite surprised to have to put it on the biggest setting. Shes 8m and about 16lbs. I cant see them lasting til potty training... am i doing something wrong?

Em x

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: BG v3's (also in pocket nappies...)

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:49 pm

I doubt you are! Dd2 has been wearing them on the highest rise since she was about 8months too & they fitted dd1 till a few months ago (just about). She's PT last year but still wears nappies to sleep in. HTH

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:38 pm

I asked exactly the same thing, my girl was 5 months maybe younger, I'm actually struggling to get them on her now even with the highest rise setting, although people said they do last till toddling, it's just the rise and their shape changes so much, although someone find a btp nappy that actually goes from birth to potty :giggle:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby ems101 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:31 am

Have you found something similar that is a better fit Lou? Ive just started my stash, and have 5 BGs. I want to get enough for full time use, but not if they will only last a couple more months!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:00 am

Grace has been in the highest rise for ages but they still fit her now - but all babies are different.

Babies slim down once they start walking and I find that the rise needed doesn't change that much...

It does depend when your baby potty trains really as to whether it is birth to potty or not though and onesize is not the same as birth to potty (can't remember what they're sold as)

Happy Heiny onesize have a bigger rise and last longer...

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: BG v3's

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:43 am

They still fit Gracie now and she is 27 months, she wears one on the rare occasion she naps at home.
As Steph said though it does depend on your lo and when they start walking the do change shape and slim down x

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:02 am

DS has been on the last poppers since around 9 months as well. He has slimmed down so they still fit ok on the waist too so don't worry you're not doing anything wrong. Like people have already said: all bubs are different :D

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:13 am

Don't worry I think everyone finds that. My son went upto the large setting at about 8 months, back down to medium at 13 months when he started walking and lost all his chub, and is now back in the large setting at 20 months with no fit problems at all. And he's a long boy too.

The only nappy I have had a problem with is the Itti Bitti way to short in the rise for him now.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby ems101 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:18 pm

Great, thanks very much ladies. I think its time to stock up my stash then!!

Em x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat