hf1

Quality of pre-loved nappies - your opinions please!

My avatar
ms9kas
Clothie
Clothie

Quality of pre-loved nappies - your opinions please!

Postby ms9kas » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:42 pm

I bought 6 pre-loved kushies nappies on here and I am some what disappointed by the quality of them.
They were advertised as Kushies Classics, however they are not these, but the Ultras (which are AIO's), and in very bad condition - the waterproof outer on all 6 of the nappies is cracked and split, rendering them useless. I only paid £10.80 (to inc Postage and fees) but I still feel ripped off. I wasn't expecting brand new nappies, but I was hoping for nappies that I would be able to use.

Should I ask for a refund? Or should just I cut my losses?

What would you do? Your thoughts would be appreciated!

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Quality of pre-loved nappies - your opinions please!

Postby shoogah01 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:48 pm

It would really depend on how they were described in the listing :-?
sounds like you got a terrible batch of nappies but for a fair price. First thing I would do is PM the person that sold them to you to see if you can sort it out with them, failing that contact a mod about it or start a paypal dispute

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:49 pm

What condition were they advertised as? I would contact the seller and say that you aren't happy personally.

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:50 pm

I'd contact the seller too, and it would depend on how they were advertised, :-?

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:54 pm

As above, i would contact the seller.

I have always been very lucky that the things i have bought from classifieds have always been exactly as described. I tend to stick to sellers i "know" now though and regular posters.

My avatar
ms9kas
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ms9kas » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Thanks ladies!

They were advertise as this (I asked for the 22-45lb ones):

I have 3 packs of Kushies going. Bought as part of a large bundle but we have decided against them.
Have been well used but lots of life left in them I'd ay. Might be a good as an extra set or as back ups, or to try if you haven't yet and want to.

1 pack of 5 Ultra in size 10 - 22lb (label says "All in One" form fitting diaper, 100% cotton flannel against baby's skin with waterproof exterior)

1 pack of 6 (label says 5 but there are 6 in the pack) Classic in size 22 - 45lb (label says "Form fitting 100% cotton flannel, Concealed waterproof barrier)

1 pack of 10 Classic in size 10 - 22lb (label says "Form fitting 100% cotton flannel, Concealed waterproof barrier)

All in original packaging and come with inserts.
Do have photos if anyone wants to see but no idea how to upload here!
Not looking for much at all for them, just want to be able to buy one or two nappies that we will use instead.

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:07 pm

hmmm dificult id say as she DID say they had been well used , so its not as if shes been misleading :-?

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby coastal » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:14 pm

It might be easier to forget the condition for the moment and focus on the fact that they were not as described - you were sent the Ultras when the listing stated they were classics. That in itself is reason to ask the seller for a refund, I would have thought.
re condition - I think it's a difficult one, since they were described as not really suitable to be day to day nappies.

My avatar
ms9kas
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ms9kas » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:16 pm

I know she said they had been well used, and I was quite happy with that, but the fact that
1) they are the wrong nappy to the one described
2) they are unusable as nappy

makes me cross. I wouldn't even freecycle these ones.
They have no life left in them, and I feel really misled. There is a difference between well used and completely useless!

I've sent her a PM and see what she says.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat