The catches for us:
- DD could undo them as they're aplix, so they never stayed on.
- DD could outpee them. And she was only little, really, when she started being able to do that (about 8 months? Could be wrong.) And that was despite completely ditching the MF and using hemp/bamboo inserts. But, to be fair, DD could outpee all pockets. Pockets just don't cut the mustard with heavy wetters.
- they're a one size nappy, so they were quite bulky on her as a newborn and there's no way that they'd fit her now as a toddler.
- they have PUL in them. (Having made the switch solely to fitteds and wool, this is a big no-no here. I've got very into my natural materials.)
- I don't think they're very well made. The aplix came off in places very quickly (poor stitching) and the elastic was starting to go baggy by the time we'd stopped using them. Yes, I'd bought new.
- they're not WAHM and I prefer to support WAHMs, rather than large companies.
- they're ugly.