hf1

Cushie Tushies

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Cushie Tushies

Postby smilinglou » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:14 pm

So why are they always so expensive preloved? What is it about them?

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Cushie Tushies

Postby ebonina » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:00 am

Are they? I have a bee one under E's bed that hasn't even been prewashed. I hated it on sight :oops: and never got round to sending it back :roll: I've never sold any of my nappies yet, maybe this would be a good one to start with. Can't answer your question though as I obviously don't see why they are so popular.
Last edited by ebonina on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:55 pm

ebonina wrote:Are they? I have a bee one under Eleanor's bed that hasn't even been prewashed. I hated it on sight :oops: and never got round to sending it back :roll: I've never sold any of my nappies yet, maybe this would be a good one to start with. Can't answer your question though as I obviously don't see why they are so popular.

:giggle:
What did you hate out of interest?

My avatar
mrsbrightside
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby mrsbrightside » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:09 pm

ebonina wrote:Are they? I have a bee one under Eleanor's bed that hasn't even been prewashed. I hated it on sight :oops: and never got round to sending it back :roll: I've never sold any of my nappies yet, maybe this would be a good one to start with. Can't answer your question though as I obviously don't see why they are so popular.

im after a bee..... i just cant work out if its too girly tho haha

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:43 pm

The bee is neutral. I sold mine on because I hated the shape. It was never going to fit Max in a million years.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:50 am

the bee is definitely not girlie - have jsut got a preloved one for my little boy!
looks fab on him!

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ebonina » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:56 pm

smilinglou wrote:What did you hate out of interest?

The black fleece inner, it looked huge for a OSFM nappy and I thought the snaps were too close together.
I've got it out now and tried it on R for the first time and I know it will never fit. She is nearly 15 months and even with the front folded over the rise is too big and I know we would get terrible wing droop. She is petite (71cm, 18lb ish) but how on earth are these supposed to fit a newborn?
mrsbrightside wrote:im after a bee..... i just cant work out if its too girly tho haha

I'd say they are on the male side of GN, definitely not too girly.
I think this will be the first nappy I sell on, so when I've plucked up courage look out for it in classifieds.
Last edited by ebonina on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
kermitgirl
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby kermitgirl » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:05 pm

ebonina wrote: how on earth are these supposed to fit a newborn?

I tested one and was exactly what I thought. I was very happy to give back the one I tried, didn't like the shape or the fit.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:00 pm

For newborn you fold the front down and it poppers over - there is a you tube video on it. BUT, the bottom area is so wide I still dont see how it would fit. Max is 10 months and about 19lbs and there is no way it would fit him.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat