hf1

First Camping With Cloth = BIG Success :)

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

First Camping With Cloth = BIG Success :)

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:47 am

Just returned from our first holiday as a family (DS is now 18months!)
Went camping in North Norfolk - with out trusted cloth nappies in tow.... Was a brillliant success even with the rain!
:wine:

We usually use our TB cotton tots when going back for a weekend to see family - but decided this time to take all our ittis, BB, WN's & flips. Still needed to use our bamboozle & PD inserts as night nappies.

Despite DS suddenly reaching record widdling levels due to drinking everything in sight - we managed it!

Was camping for 4 nights, did 2 washes - managed to dry the inserts faster than I thought!

Even managed to get a few pics of the pockets on the guide ropes drying :giggle:

Just wanted to share it with all you other cloth-loving-mummy's!

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: First Camping With Cloth = BIG Success :)

Postby nappynutter » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:53 am

We love cloth nappies and wool for camping too. :D

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:25 pm

:wine: well done! We havent managed to get camping with the LO's yet, but I'd defintely take cloth, much more fun :D How did you wash them?

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:13 pm

:wine: We just went on our first camping trip too, but only 2 days/1 night :giggle:. I took all pockets (8) and was quite impressed that I managed to fit all the inserts into my Blueberry wetbag and the outers into a drawstring wetbag - and Lili held off on the dreaded camping poo until half an hour after we got home last night! :hohoho:

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:43 pm

well done glad it work we are going camping with cloth soon too

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:01 pm

The camp site (a camping & caravanning club site) had a washing machine on site.
Was a bit sceptical about putting my trusty nappies in an industrial machine - which has 2 cycle, warm colours & hot whites!
we went with the hot whites - which although only 38min cycle - washed them perfectly!

The pockets was definitely the right way to go.
Although hemp & bamboo inserts - dried so much faster than I thought despite rain!

Took 3 wet bags with us - 1 for the change bag, the other 2 we 'double bagged' until I washed... didn't like the idea of sleeping in a warm tent next to nappy fumes! :giggle:

Managed well with the washable wipes too - kept them dry - and just had a spray bottle to hand!

Good luck the rest of you with your camping cloth holidays!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat