wanted-advice :)

My avatar
baileysmummy18
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

wanted-advice :)

Postby baileysmummy18 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:40 pm

Hi!
I have just started my venture into the world of cloth nappies, and so far I have 9 size one tots bots and 4 wraps :)
Our first baby is due in 8 weeks, and I am starting to panic! Lol, how many nappies/wraps etc are we going to need? And do I only need size one at the moment, as they seem quite small, and they estimate my little man will be quite big :)
Any advice will be gratefully received :)
Thank you ladies

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: wanted-advice :)

Postby twinkletot » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:57 pm

:idea: you might be better off re-posting this in the cloth nappy chat section hun as you would probably get more replies.

I can't be of help as I didn't use cloth for a while on ds.

My avatar
baileysmummy18
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby baileysmummy18 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:01 pm

Ok thank you hun :) xx

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Welcome to the tree! :idea:

24 nappies is often recommended for a newborn as they can go through 12 a day, so that allows washing every other day. I think I had about that number and it was fine. Size 1 Tots are not small once they go on a newborn, even though they look it. ;) DD was 8lb 15oz at birth and they definitely gave her a huge bee bum - they're not very trim fitting, even on big babies.

HTH

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Moved :smile:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:06 pm

baileysmummy18 wrote:Ok thank you hun :) xx

No probs hun :hug:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:06 pm

Soupdragon wrote:Welcome to the tree! :idea:

24 nappies is often recommended for a newborn as they can go through 12 a day, so that allows washing every other day. I think I had about that number and it was fine. Size 1 Tots are not small once they go on a newborn, even though they look it. ;) DD was 8lb 15oz at birth and they definitely gave her a huge bee bum - they're not very trim fitting, even on big babies.

HTH

24 is that it :shock: i would say more, especially if you arent using a tumble dryer.

Size 1 fit my madam until about 6 months, she is quite tall for her age and was quite chunky at the time. I agree with Nichola, they look small now, but wait and see how they magically grow when put on a newborn :giggle:

x x

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:09 pm

happytails wrote:but wait and see how they magically grow when put on a newborn :giggle:

x x

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

I can't offer much advice, we used *whispers the dirty words* Bambino Mios *runs to rinse her mouth out* :hohoho: and Mothercare Smart Nappies, which aren't too good for newborn poo :puke: but good nappies later on I found.

I hgonestly can't remember how many we had but we were using them with a mix of disps anyways. My Nana went a bit OTT and bought half of Morrisons supply of newborn nappies before I went into hospital :giggle:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:13 pm

I'd also recommend around 24 if you won't be tumbling during cooler weather as a newborn will probably need at least 10 a day and they'll take at least a day to dry on an airer.

Are you planning to use wool or fleece wraps? They allow some moisture to evaporate so the nappies will last a bit longer.

I'd also recommend trying a couple of pocket nappies, which don't need wraps - weenotions do excellent ones including a birth to potty option

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat