hf1

6 month old taking off nappies!

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

6 month old taking off nappies!

Postby Claire » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:19 pm

Okay, so this is a new one for me. My twins wore meos with airflow wraps and I never remember them trying to take them off. This time around I'm using pockets during the day, some poppers but mostly velcro. Mimi is only 6 months old and she's already opening the velcro and pulling her nappies off. She's done it with her bg and her greenkids and she is doing it more and more.

Anyone have any ideas or do I just need to move over to poppers for a while?

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: 6 month old taking off nappies!

Postby babyroo » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:30 pm

I had to change to poppers for that reason, not quite as early as 6 months though!

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:41 pm

:lol: Georgia is the same, she could take a nappy off even with a popper vest over it :lol: We do use popper nappies mainly now, though Dady still prefers the bumgenius.

The only thing I can sugest is clothing over the top to prevent her from ripping them off. We did have g diapers for a while that velcro at the back, think they may be up for sale in the nappy market :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:39 pm

Charlotte has gone through phases of undoing velcro nappies. Mostly this is solved with clothing, even skirts put her off. Now she is able to take off poppered wraps and nappies but this is a good thing as we have had a couple of spontaneous wees on the potty this week so don't think I will discourage it :D

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:47 pm

Alas this is the reason Lockie can not wear velcro nappies. He used to take sposies off too when we used them. :roll:

Zac however has not yet learned this trick so is OK for now. :-D

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat