hf1

So would I be ok with just buying pockets?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: So would I be ok with just buying pockets?

Postby Caroline » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:47 pm

With dd pockets were rubbish and they all leaked. She was a two parter until she pt'd at 2. However, ds is a real wriggler and pockets work really well both at nappy change time and the fit/absorbency is great. We love bg's here.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:30 pm

Congratulations on the pregnancy!

I used BG's virtually from birth, they're fine although a little wide for a newborn but not a big problem. Never had a poo leak that I can remember. They're good if your little one will be going to nursery / childminder as they're virtually foolproof for the workers, as long as the inserts still work for you - you might need to buy better one's than the microfibre ones that come with them.

Bamboo little lambs I loved, but sadly I think i need to sell - tried one on a few weeks back and bad builder's b'm... she would have been about 3 months at the time. I'm hanging on though keeping thinking that they may amazingly fit again.

The only ones we've had intermittent issues with were itti's - particularly when she was tiny. A week they'd fit, then a couple of weeks of leaking every time. It was like that for months. Now i've moved her into the mediums they're fitting perfectly.

I'd also say avoid anything with poppers when they're tiny the little gap between the poppers makes a huge difference in how much gaping you get at the waist, i felt like clara was constantly 'between poppers', so always had to either do it too tight or too loose and get leaks. Nippa's or velcro would definitely be better when they're little.

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:12 pm

Cool, thanks for the advice guys.

I think I'll get bits of both then just to be on the safe side. If LO is anything outside the womb like he is inside, he'll be a right fidget.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:34 pm

We only have pockets but we did use Moltex for the first 2-3 months. Very happy with them generally :)

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:00 pm

Hiya

We've used the old style wonderoos from birth aswell as bamboo sandy's.
Wonderoos can have serious leg gape issues, but the new ones are lovely & snug - they fit both my super chunky 8mth old and my skinny 2yr old. U cant go wrong with the sandy's, and the airflow wraps. I would personally buy a small selection to try on ur lo & then when u know what u like, then go for those.
For night nappies we use minky huggles with wool crops.

HTH x

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:28 pm

We are only just starting to be able to use pockets & AIO's as we got nothing but leaks before. I would have a mixture to be honest as you don't know what will suit your LO until s/he is here.

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:38 am

I personally hate 2 parters. I have a 8mth old and a 2 1/4 year old and my stash contains bg v3s, flips and some weenotions. I have night notions for ds but use flips for dd for bed. I've never had a problem with them and bf poo. ds is tall and slim and the bgs v3s fit him just fine (at about 2 stone), the flips would go further though if you end up with a tall chubby lo as he is only on the middle rise setting.

I would say bg v3's, some flips (for bed) and some hemp for boosting should see you through.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat