hf1

Your thoughts on BG Flips or anything like it?

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Your thoughts on BG Flips or anything like it?

Postby becky1978 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:22 pm

When we go to Florida (end of October) I want to take cloth with us to use, there will be a washer dryer there so I *could* take my fitteds I guess but it's just something else to carry round the park all day.

I was thinking of getting some BG Flip or something like that (remember going to Spain when Cam was 11 months and took Eenies with their disposable inserts, anyone remember them??) so that I can use disposable pads during the day and then just wash the covers, also means more room in my suitcase to bring loads of goodies back :giggle:

Anyhow I have seen that there are lots of BG flips on classifieds at the mo, but was hoping for something dead cheap as they probably wont get used again after we get back so it is literally just for the 2 weeks. Is there anything like it that is a bit cheaper maybe?

What would you do?

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Your thoughts on BG Flips or anything like it?

Postby beffys » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:23 pm

The disposable inserts are great. We just used them for the weekend away with our normal pockets. We had a couple of fitteds and weirdly Ella was completely dry at night both nights.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:26 pm

Yes, the inserts have great performance. It is possible to use the flip cover as a wrap over a normal fitted which might give you some more longevity. I've done it and they have worked really well.

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:17 pm

i agree with the other ladies the disposable flip inserts are fab and last 3 or more hours each, i used them with a couple of pockets, a couple of flip covers and also in a nature babies wrap when on hols in menorca for a week last month. I just used 2 inserts at night. Maybe you should get some inserts and try them in a few wraps you've already got and see if any work.

or you could buy a couple of preloved flip covers and then sell them on when you get back :wink:

Think there is a couple of packs of disposable inserts on classifieds ATM :hug:

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:31 pm

I must be in the minority then as I don't like the disposable inserts on either of my 2. They bunch up and failed when doubled up for a toddler wee. They lasted ok for dd but still bunched up and her bf poo made a right old mess.

Plus they look like maternity pads so embaraasing if they escape anywhere...and are pretty bulky in the change bag.

Hence they are on sale in classified... !

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat