Why does nothing pretty work for us?

My avatar
kurlysmum
Clothie
Clothie

Why does nothing pretty work for us?

Postby kurlysmum » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:04 pm

Pretty much as the heading says, why does nothing pretty ever work for us :x

Any nappy that is plain or remotely unsightly seem to work for us with no major leaks...but when i go all out and purchase a not too cheap really pretty girly nappy they always seem to leak! :cry: meaning I have to sell them on again :(

Well saying that even my fuzzi's have started leaking terribly right now..its as if there is no pul or waterproof layer to any of our nappies at this moment in time.I have stripped all the nappies thinking that was the problem..
I seem to be spending ,spending ,spending trying to get a nappy Im totally happy with but getting no-where fast.

The only nappy that I can say really does work for us is bamboo-pop ins although they are not going to fit for too much longer on the rise! on my tall girl. and I purchased a monkey snuggle which so far is great!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Why does nothing pretty work for us?

Postby monsterm » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:58 pm

Awww that's a shame!! Is your baby a heavy wetter do you think? Microfibre inserts don't last very long for us. Hopefully someone can help

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:05 pm

What do you mean by pretty nappies, pockets? What are you using and which inserts etc?

I can't really use pockets on Noah and haven't been able to for a long time, nor can i get away with many mass produced fitteds because they're just not absorbant enough. He has to wear night nappies during the day to last any longer than an hour. Especially in the mornings when he pee's the most.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:10 pm

What have you tried?

My avatar
kurlysmum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kurlysmum » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:33 pm

Yeah I must admit they have all been pocket nappies! would of just liked to have some pretty ones with embroidery on.

Yes right now she is a heavy wetter..I only have 2 fitteds a mutt bought ages ago and the monkey snuggles they are both pretty but have to be covered! :-?

Think we will just have to stick to the pop-ins for now...and I have a AIO bg that I got from the parenting magazine which is quite good but again very plain...

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:32 pm

what about fitteds with pretty wraps ? I always found PUL lined fleece or minki fab

My avatar
LibraryGoddess
Clothie
Clothie

Postby LibraryGoddess » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:37 am

I was about to suggest the same. There are some really beautiful wraps around, including embroidered minky ones. Another thought is to try a fitted with one of your fuzzis as a wrap. You'll be able to get an idea whether it's the pocket style that's the problem or if your LO is outweeing them or if there's a problem with your nappies.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:40 am

We can't use prtty pockets but i do have some pretty fitteds thought with wool that works great for us but i do have BG, Fuzzi but the plain ones and a few unknow pockets i ues that work for us but other than that i use fitted i want to get some more as well :hug:

My avatar
kurlysmum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kurlysmum » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:08 am

I was worried at first it was the recent nappies I bought as it all changed so suddenly and we always got on with our fuzzi's with no problem...but then she started leaking through them as well!
It all stems to the fact she was really ill a couple of weeks ago and she just changed shape suddenly losing alot of weight but is very tall! and leaks terribly around the legs!
And for some reason she seems to be peeing loads.
The Wool soaker was working for us but she even drenched through that last night with a boostered minki huggle... :x

Just dont know what to use anymore may have to resort back to sposies at night :oops: and stick to the pop ins in the day...(as they dont fit her with the night insert as well) for the time being until she changes shape again!,I have been spending so much money on different nappies and I suppose pretty isnt a nessesity but my little girls comfort is....and its not always easy getting the funds back for them!
I just wanted a couple pretty nappies in my stash lol....

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat