hf1

leaking :-(

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

leaking :-(

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:27 pm

It just seems that over this long weekend we have had more leaking than ever before.

1) night wool soaker got poo leak on it (minor) on Sat am
2) nappy leak in church yesterday causing soggy trousers - weenotions wrap and swaddlebees OV (I think I may have dislodged it while doing one of those peek checks) but less than 3 hours
3) HH onesize, poo leak and change of vest and trousers this morning
4) green kids leak - damp trousers (don't know if it was wear I may not have dried his non nappy area after the poo)
5) the blue pocket nappy I made had major leak while he napped - change of trousers and perhaps pram sheets

I think its just a surprise that we are getting leaks from previously reliable nappies, so think it might be time for slightly more boosting.

Currently he is wearing the new ladybird pocket I made with a bg insert and a folded flannel above the fleece incase the fleece is going to repel as it hasn't been prewashed, so we will see if and when that lasts :?

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: leaking :-(

Postby Shevi » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:28 pm

he's about 5 month old isn't he?...yes he is , just looked at your ticker!!! as they become closer to needed solids i found that either they drink more, or they digest there milk differently causing loads and loads of wee...and then when they are eating a couple of good meals a day it goes back down to a more workable with wee level, if you have an old towel, chop it up to make a few 'trifold' boosters / inserts (you could even hem them...tho i havent!!) i find it absorbs just as quick as microfibre, but the wee doesn't squish out again!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:50 pm

Thanks Shevi - I was thinking it was about now people seem to have problems or change sizes for absorbancy - but he is still so small in terms of size and weight - not tiny but less than 7kg and still in our 0-3 clothes that moving up a size isn't an option.

I did manage to find where I had lost all my little boosters too (about 20 of them!), so am going to be busily adding them to everything.

Also very pleased to report back that the brand new ladybird pocket didn't leak, but I don't think I have felt such a soaking wet mf insert ever before with the flannel as well :roll:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:54 pm

No way is he five months already?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :lol: :lol:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:05 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:No way is he five months already?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :lol: :lol:

Tell me about it, its his 5 month birthday today and his 4 month adjusted birthday yesterday - my little baby is really growing up :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:40 am

hope the boosters work, i've not had this problem yet but coz dd is chunky i've been able to get away with using larges and size 2s on her for a while, i expect once Ben can go up a size the nappies wont leak anymore.

My avatar
emste76
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby emste76 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:46 pm

You could try bigger wraps when using fiitteds. I moved both of mine into bigger sizes and just boosted more.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat