hf1

I think it's starting / Minki YoYo Advice?

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

I think it's starting / Minki YoYo Advice?

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:42 pm

Dawn's been up 3 times since 7pm asking for the potty :( She keeps asking for a "Pooh" or "Pull up" nappy too. I think our days in cloth are rapidly coming to an end :cry:

ETA: What is the sizing like on the Minki YoYos? I don't know if Dawn would need the Large or XL.....
Last edited by dawnsmummy on Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: I think it's starting :(

Postby twinkletot » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:43 pm

:wine: for Dawn huge :hug: for you hun :(

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: I think it's starting / Minki YoYo Advice?

Postby JanX » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:07 pm

Minki yoyos are huge if I remember correctly. To be honest I hated them :giggle:

I tried the standard ones and the slinki ones for Lucas and none of them fitted him well or even at all!

Jan x

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:10 pm

Really? Crap :(
I really dont want to have to go back to disps, but she keeps asking for pull ups. Gah....

Happy Heiny do a trainer pant with a pocket so you stuff yourself... Maybe I could try one of those.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:19 pm

I preferred the happy heiny ones!

have you looked at 'child incontinence' pants rather than pull up nappies? (basically very absorbant knickers)

like these:
http://www.incontinencechoice.co.uk/pro ... 8410B.html

or these (seems these ones can be boosted with additional pads, says disposable pads in the listing but we know better than that :wink: :giggle: ):

http://www.hilaryunderwear.com/incontin ... roducts_42

jan x

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:24 pm

Ooo Thanks Jan :) I think Dawn might need the boys ones, she's a tummy sleeper :giggle:

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:28 pm

Make them hun, like the ones i did alesha a while ago, they looked exactly like pants, and where the same shape, but had PUL hidden inside and pocket for stuffing, and then had snaps on the sides
maybe then you could make them in her fav character print so she more than likely to wear them xx

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:30 pm

123princesssammie wrote:Make them hun, like the ones i did alesha a while ago, they looked exactly like pants, and where the same shape, but had PUL hidden inside and pocket for stuffing, and then had snaps on the sides
maybe then you could make them in her fav character print so she more than likely to wear them xx

I would but I've discovered I hate sewing PUL. I have a huge sheet of the stuff and I hate it :oops:

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:32 pm

So do i lol, but because its inside two layers (outter character layer and inner layer i used scraps of jersey cause she would feel when wet then) it wasnt hard to sew, used FOE around the edges too as its easy and quick :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat