hf1

You know you spend too long on this site when...

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

You know you spend too long on this site when...

Postby Claire » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:33 am

...your 3 year old starts shouting at you "Mummy! Poo!". You turn around from the computer to see your 6 month old sat in the middle of an open nappy with you-know-what all over her :oops: :oops: :oops:

She's been undoing her nappies for a few days now. Why oh why did I leave her sat there in a Greenkids and a t-shirt!!! I'd only just changed her, she must have waited to fill it on purpose. It was everywhere. She's been bathed and her clothes are in the washing machine now.

I know I should put her in clothes but it is perfect nappy-showing-off-weather here now. Plus I'm waiting for a couple of bbos to be delivered. Should've gone for the ss. How am I going to show them off now? Doesn't have the same effect if she's covered in poop :?

I need to turn the computer off and keep a closer eye on them I think....

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: You know you spend too long on this site when...

Postby nic1 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:21 am

LOL at that but not so funny when faced with poo'ey child! Yuck! Hope you still get to show those funky nappies off. Looks to be gorgeous weather out there here too, not stepped out yet though so don't actually know how cold it is

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:32 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Easy for me to laugh as I didn't have to clean it up but that is certainly a good way to get Mummy's attention!
One solution is to sew a little button onto one tab of the nappy with a bit of elastic on the other side so you can do them up and she won't be able to pull the velcro far enough to undo it - does that make sense? I have a couple of velcro wraps with this on and it really works.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:28 am

Charliemum wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Easy for me to laugh as I didn't have to clean it up but that is certainly a good way to get Mummy's attention!
One solution is to sew a little button onto one tab of the nappy with a bit of elastic on the other side so you can do them up and she won't be able to pull the velcro far enough to undo it - does that make sense? I have a couple of velcro wraps with this on and it really works.

what a great idea!

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:58 pm

Oh no!! :!: :lol: we use popper nappies for this exact reason, though have never had to deal with anything quite as bad :!:

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:26 pm

fantastic side-benefit of ec-ing, not having to clean up caked-on poo...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:28 pm

trogette wrote:fantastic side-benefit of ec-ing, not having to clean up caked-on poo...

Heh but you might end up with a similar scenario with a younger child if you weren't watching them and were avidly messaging on CNT!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:19 am

well.... have got up to poo-smeared walls from leaving a sposie'd young toddler in the morning... and laminate does help with clean-up when they're nappy free and you don't catch them in time... but I still prefer cleaning poo off floors than nappies ;)

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat