hf1

Fleece nappy liners

My avatar
clairegrace
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Fleece nappy liners

Postby clairegrace » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:34 pm

If I make my own out of bright fleece material, will my nappies get stained?????

Also, i'm assuming I won't be able to use fleece liners with pocket nappies???

Ta xx

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Fleece nappy liners

Postby choccylisa » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:43 pm

Nope, and no reason why not :wink: I have rainbow coloured fleece liners, I use them in all Kellans nappies, fleece colour doesn't generally run (or not that I've found), he has pockets and fitteds.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:44 pm

I doubt they would stain your nappies - has never happened to me with my multi-coloured ones. I always use fleece liners with pocket nappies - easier to dispose of poo & helps prevent staining to the fleece on your nappies :wink:

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:46 pm

:idea: I brought some bright pink liners & wipe of ebay & they dyed all my nappies pale pink. luckily they were boring fitteds & I only had DD at the time! :lol:

My avatar
clairegrace
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby clairegrace » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:54 pm

Ok, have been looking for fleece fabric...... what is the difference between polar fleece and micro fleece???? Is there one in particular I should use for nappy liners?

Ta x :-?

My avatar
cumbrianlass
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cumbrianlass » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:25 am

Microfleece is the lightest type. Polar fleece is heavier weight and is more water repellant. I have made liners out of both and found the polar fleece lasted a lot longer and helped keep bots drier.

I would always prewash any fleece you bought before cutting to get rid of any excess dye and also in case it shrinks. It shouldn't, but........ :wink:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:14 pm

We always use a fleece liner in our pockets - so it 'protects' the nappy! :giggle:

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:29 pm

I use fleece liners in all our nappies - fitteds, pockets and AIOs! There's no reason why you wouldn't be able to use them in pockets...?

They are good as they keep bums feeling drier and also protect the nappy from nappy cream and of course poo - typically, the ONE time I didn't use a liner in one of ours, DD pooed and it stained the nappy :( with fleece liners it's easier to dispose of the poo in the toilet too.

Rach x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat