hf1

Fleece liner confusion

My avatar
traceyp
Clothie
Clothie

Fleece liner confusion

Postby traceyp » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:10 pm

Am a bit :oops: to ask this after 3 years of on/off cloth nappy use but starting to think I've got the wrong end of the stick over fleece liners. I was always under the impression that if your nappy is already fleece lined (as my loved wonderoos are) you can't then use a fleece liner as fleece on top of fleece has the opposite effect of a single fleece layer and won't keep baby's bum dry?

So, I have perserved with horrible paper liners and slightly better boots liners, and had to literally peel the poo off bums but can I actually use fleece liners for easier poo disposal and Charlie's bum will stay lovely and dry-ish?

Hope this makes some sense to someone!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Fleece liner confusion

Postby Shaunie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:13 pm

I use fleece liners in my fleece lined pockets no probs at all - nice dry bums here :wink:

Gave up on paper liners (used boots ones) as they gave LO bad rashes.

My avatar
traceyp
Clothie
Clothie

Postby traceyp » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:17 pm

Aaaah, Charlie does keep getting a mild persistent rash, despite nappy off time, that I was putting down to teething but it could be the liners - hadn't even crossed my mind it could be those.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:18 pm

We use Wonderoos without liners.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:19 pm

I use fleece on top of fleece too. Stops any yucky creams damaging the nappies :wink:
Fleece liners are easy enough to make though. Go to £land and buy a cheap blanket and cut it up! :wine:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:20 pm

I never thought it could be the liners but then I read something on here so decided to stop & the rash cleared in one day :shock: :wine:

Got myself a cheap fleece blanket and made the liners myself. It's fairly common for the paper liners to cause rashes. Isaac's never seemed to clear & then got worse which is when I asked the question on here - so glad I did now.

My avatar
traceyp
Clothie
Clothie

Postby traceyp » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:22 pm

thanks all - will be in poundland tomorrow!!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:30 pm

I'm another fleece on fleece user

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:34 pm

Yep, fleece in everything here too. As others have said, just chop up a cheap blanket rather than buying them too.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat