hf1

Advice please - going away

My avatar
PollyC
Clothie
Clothie

Advice please - going away

Postby PollyC » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:31 pm

We are off to my Dad's either tomorrow or Monday til Friday. We haven't done cloth away from home before. We will have access to a washing machine and line/dryer. How many nappies do you think I should take? I am planning on taking all his posh ones (6) and then a load of Pop-Ins and BGs, but not sure really how many I should risk. Should I do the same as I do for Nursery and allow for 3 days worth? Or assume I can manage on fewer.

Have nice new clean bucket, wet bags, liners and wipes (when I dig them out of the washing pile) all ready to go. Just the nappies to sort (and I muse remember to wash yesterday's and today's tonight so we don't leave a bucket of festering nappies here.

My avatar
CharlottesClan
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Advice please - going away

Postby CharlottesClan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:35 pm

we've done cloth away successfully. we needed about 4-5 a day (plus night nappies) so id say pack 15?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:37 pm

I was going to say 15 too. We are away at the moment for 4 days & I brought 20 with me as I have no access to washing machine

My avatar
PollyC
Clothie
Clothie

Postby PollyC » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:11 pm

Thanks. Will go for that then :)

My avatar
KaiAlexOlli
Clothie
Clothie

Postby KaiAlexOlli » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:43 pm

I've just come back from away for a week with mine, I took 18 (thin nappies that last about 2 hours max with my not heavy wetter) and had about 5 in my change bag plus 3 night nappies and TBH as i had access to a tumble barely used them LOL

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat