hf1

bit of a gloat

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

bit of a gloat

Postby girlinleeds » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:00 pm

meant to post this yesterday but forgot. meet one of my friends yesterday who has a dd a couple of months younger than pippa. She's always mocked me for using cloth and saying how she hasn't got time for all the washing and messing about. Well yesterday she let slip that she's having to wash a load of her dd's clothes every day as they have that many nappy leaks, and said i must be the same. I simply replied pippa's clothes go through with ours as she only has one set of clothes a day. She then said but you make up for that with all your nappy washing, untill i pointed out i only wash nappies a couple of times a week, wonder if that made her think. I'd be horrified if i had to change pippa that often i needed to wash her clothes every night :shock:
xx

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: bit of a gloat

Postby angelsquidge » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:13 pm

:giggle: I used to love being able to gloat like that lol!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:15 pm

I know people that wouldn't do all those washes when using dispo's.

They'd just bin the clothes along with the nappies :shock: , I was amazed when I was first told. Some people must have more money than sense.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:57 pm

Before I switched to cloth I had so much washing from nappies exploding and leaking. It's a lot less now!

Geordie_Girl wrote:I know people that wouldn't do all those washes when using dispo's.

They'd just bin the clothes along with the nappies :shock: , I was amazed when I was first told. Some people must have more money than sense.

:shock: :shock: That's pure laziness (of course unless it's a terrible poo,I can kind of understand that if its really bad)!!

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:10 pm

This made me :giggle: as i had friends who would say 'eugh i had to cut the vest off the child it was so covered in poo!!' or 'oh the nappy leaked & the vest was destroyed so had to be binned!'

I find it hard to believe anyone thinks something can be 'ruined by poo' - carrots now, they can ruin clothes! :giggle:

My avatar
mumof3boys
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby mumof3boys » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:12 pm

I had a friend bin brand new wellies because her daughter stood in dog muck once!

Do you have a wrap she could try over the disposables? A flip would be perfect and maybe she''d be tempted into the prettier stuff if she saw how well it worked!

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby girlinleeds » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:33 pm

she point blank has refused to have anything to do with cloth, she doesn't like the thought of having poo in her washing machine, which is funny considering how much must go in there on her dd's clothes, and just says you spend to much on electric, soap powder, to time consuming, basically she can't open her mind to it. But then she's the same person who laughed at blw and can't get her dd to eat lumps unless there chocolate buttons at a year old :shock:
I'd rather chop my arm of then throw clothes away if they had poo on what a absolute waste :evil:

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby girlinleeds » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:35 pm

just to add bananas are the only thing i've found can ruin clothes, stain them black and the stains never come out, most other stains i can cope with :giggle:

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:47 am

:giggle: i have a friend like that too and it makes :x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat