Thighs! Agggh!

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Thighs! Agggh!

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:25 am

This is driving me crazy!

We had just got Rufus' stash to a point where everything worked absorbancy wise, DH & My Mum both understood how to do them up & they fit lovely ... and was thinking that our M and M/L would last a good while now before we had to have another overhaul and go up to the next size ...

But nope :x

The thighs are becoming more and more of an issue and it feels like every couple of days something stops fitting, I simply can't get them to fasten, but the waist I often can't get tight enough so we get poo leaking into the wrap (never onto clothes so not a major problem, I've just had to get more wraps so they can go straight in the bucket with the nappy) ... so anyway going to a large isn't really an option as the rise would be too high & the waist even bigger!

DnF (M) fit and thankfully I have 6 more on the way!
GF MDSS fit perfectly but I only have 2 and am trying to get more.

My HL M/L OBV 'just' fit and the prints I currently can't use, today I tried to put our LLS Scrappy Day (M) and I can't do it up around the thighs and then tried my FnS (M) and that will 'just' do up but I think will leave red marks ... and I have one on the way in a co-op :cry: :cry: :cry:

He is 22lbs ... Do I hang onto the HL Prints, the FnS and the LLS .. will his thighs slim back down & fit into these? If so how long is this likely to take? He started sitting last week, rolls lots & seems to be trying hard to crawl, he also stands at any opportunity ... will all this movement slim them?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Thighs! Agggh!

Postby flutterby » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:41 am

Personally I'd get rid and get more of what works, try a large fns summer fitted a woven one at rigid' age, and half his weight pretty much.

Eta rigid should read rufus but can't edit it, stupid phone

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:51 am

I think Holden's landing are really small thigh wise :hug:
if you can afford to hang onto them I would but they might not fit till he is walking and slims down which might not be till he is 1 :-?
Im not sure if I have a large or medium fluff n stuff if it's large ill bring it in sunday :wink:

xxx

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:28 pm

flutterby wrote:Personally I'd get rid and get more of what works, try a large fns summer fitted a woven one at rigid' age, and half his weight pretty much.

Eta rigid should read rufus but can't edit it, stupid phone

That's interesting to know ... :giggle: @ rigid :giggle: He's actually quite wiggly now!

princessliana wrote: Im not sure if I have a large or medium fluff n stuff if it's large ill bring it in sunday :wink: xxx

Ooo Sally if you do that would be fab! Thank-you :hug:

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:38 pm

We had a similar problem with Grace but she did eventually slim down. She started slimming when she started crawling. I think now her thighs are the same size as they were when she was a few months old.

I have a GF med SS which doesn't fit Grace anymore. It's GN so if you're interested just pm me :wink:

I'd hold onto the HL if you can as he'll likely fit them later on & then you'll *have* to buy them again. :giggle:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:30 pm

Rebekahs_mum wrote:We had a similar problem with Grace but she did eventually slim down. She started slimming when she started crawling. I think now her thighs are the same size as they were when she was a few months old.

I have a GF med SS which doesn't fit Grace anymore. It's GN so if you're interested just pm me :wink:

I'd hold onto the HL if you can as he'll likely fit them later on & then you'll *have* to buy them again. :giggle:

Thanks Hun!

I don't really want to sell the HL ... one is Heather Ross Fish in Bag, one is VHC Dots and the other is almost new, a Whale fabric I imported from Japan and Bonnie turned into a nappy for me, Hmmm might sell the other 2 though as not as bothered about those.

Will pm you on the GF! :D

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Harrison didnt go into cloth until 5 months old and was straight into mediums. We only used pockets at that point , but by the time we started with fitteds at about 10 months he was in large (or m/l for HL's) for everything. Hes always had fat thighs and theyre still fat now as a 3rd old who runs round like a mad man all day!!! :giggle: :giggle:

I would get more of what you know fits hun :wink:

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:24 pm

just got the f and s out of wash it's a medium :(
ill bring a large wn ss if you want to try that a pocket but you can get an idea of fit :(

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:29 pm

That's a shame :( Yes please will try T :hug: He L WNSS
Debbie at FnS has offered to swap it for a large if I send it back to her, so that's something at least!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat