hf1

BumHuggers

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

BumHuggers

Postby tanya » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:56 am

Just wanting to know if these are long rise nappies?

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: BumHuggers

Postby Claire » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:29 am

Not really sure :? . My LO is a few weeks older than yours. She's fairly long, average build (just had her weighed and measured today, 8kg and 70cm). We have the size 2 and they fit her but are still a little on the big side. I can imagine them fitting for a while yet. The other night nappy we use is a bambeasy btp (just for a comparison for you) and I am already really having to pull it up between her legs, it seems quite short in the rise and I can't imagine it fitting until potty time.

So I think it's quite a generous nappy but not sure if the it's the rise in particular. Sorry, is that useless?? Hope it's been a bit of help at least!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:31 am

Yeah that does help, thanks. It's nice to know how they fit on babies of a similar size to Bella.

Desperately searching for night nappies. Bamboozles work wonderfully, they are just too short in the rise to be stuffed partcularly well.

Hoping the quick flip, which is in the wash as I type, will work well.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:36 am

tanya2007 wrote:Yeah that does help, thanks. It's nice to know how they fit on babies of a similar size to Bella.

Desperately searching for night nappies. Bamboozles work wonderfully, they are just too short in the rise to be stuffed partcularly well.

Hoping the quick flip, which is in the wash as I type, will work well.

Have you tried a bambineo? It is pretty similar to the bamboozle, except the booster isn't attached, but it is much higher in the rise. It's not a night nappy as such, but if you are succeeding with the bamboozle then it might be an alternative.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:05 pm

Oh, will have a look.

The bamboozles work, with LOTS of boosting. I think the nappy itself is a good fit, if not tremendously absorbant. I put loads of boosting between the nappy and the wrap, but I would like to be able to fit more inside the nappy, so it doesn't move about so much.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:10 pm

Or I could look for a more absorbant nappy to start with, but getting the fit right is so difficult, I've spent loads recently on night nappies which didn't work - Huggles, Baby Beehind etc.

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:17 pm

Have you tried a night notion or a stuffie? I love them both :D Never tried a bumhugger but they are both much longer in the rise than a bamboozle.

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Claire » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:21 pm

babyroo wrote:Have you tried a bambineo?

We had size 1 bamboozles and size 1 bambineos. Mimi grew out of the bamboozles months ago but has only just grown out of the bambineos. We had aplix and nippa ones. I found the aplix one never fitted properly. It was almost too high in the rise. I could never get a good fit around the legs, it always gaped and leaked. Even now when it's arms are too short, it still doesn't fit around her legs. The nippa one was great though, always a nice, snug fit but my DH hates, hates, hates them. If I put one out for night time he would always ask for a rainbow (bumhugger) one instead. For the bambineo it meant it's booster, a fleece liner and a little weed between nappy and wrap. The nippa itself almost made DH's head explode :D :D Compare it to the bumhugger, already stuffed with a mf cloth and fastened with applix and I can see his point.

tanya2007 wrote:Or I could look for a more absorbant nappy to start with, but getting the fit right is so difficult, I've spent loads recently on night nappies which didn't work - Huggles, Baby Beehind etc.

We've been using the size 2 bumhuggers for about 3 months now and it's never leaked yet. Hopefully someone else will be along to give their opinion too.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:25 pm

karenandgeorgia wrote:Have you tried a night notion or a stuffie? I love them both :D Never tried a bumhugger but they are both much longer in the rise than a bamboozle.

Considering trying a side snapping Night Notion - we had a front snapping one and it never worked. Might have been linked to the problems we were having with the wool wraps, but I'm not sure. it also leaked with the fleece wrap.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat