Bg leg elastic

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Bg leg elastic

Postby charlibunny » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:42 pm

Is it easy to fix?

After nearly 2 years i have discovered Bg's really work for us :oops: My 3 pink ones leg elastic is totally shot, i got them like this :roll: :roll:

How easy is it to do? Or can i bribe anyone to do it for me, im using them at night time too and am borrowing my sister in law's blue & green ones that im supposed to be selling :lookround: :lookround: :oops:

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Bg leg elastic

Postby shoogah01 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:43 pm

the offer is still open for me to fix them if you like? it really isn't too hard, but the seams can be difficult to unpick.

My avatar
beaubelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby beaubelle » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:28 pm

I repaired mine only recently, and I am not good with a sewing machine! It was really easy... There is a thread about it here somewhere. Now my sewing job is not the neatest but they work way better, and the elastic I got was a bit wider than the original BG elastic, so they are stronger.

Good luck!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:51 pm

I've not repaired a BG but have doen a few BB's and they are really easy and quick to do.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:52 am

WTS, its pretty easy - I haven't done BGs but I used this to figure out how to replace leg elastic in a bunch of fitteds: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/sho ... c+tutorial

It's a bit nerve-wracking the first time but once you know what you're doing it's no problem :giggle:

ETA I just use a small pair of pointy scissors, seam rippers are not my friend :-?, and a needle and thread instead of breaking out the sewing machine!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat