hf1

itti bitti tutto launches today with pics!

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: itti bitti tutto launches today with pics!

Postby 123princesssammie » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:30 pm

I would be tempted with a pass the nappy on this one, i cant afford to slash out on something that wont work and am wandering if all there new fatures are a bit too "fussy" would be interested in trying one thou and seeing, then it it works will def buy 1...or.....2.......maybe........even a .........few :giggle: xx

My avatar
babybots
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby babybots » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:13 pm

We will be stocking them as well :wink:

Although I'm guessing every Itti stockist will be getting them

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:41 pm

I don't think the new features are 'fussy'. if people want simplicity and trim fit then there's the sized all in one. if they want the same, but are happy to snap in and out the inners then the snap in one is a little bit cheaper, and if they want economy one nappy to last all the way through (perhaps not going to have more babies) and don't mind a little extra bulk then the Tutto is the way to go. If they want containment and absorbency without bulk then a bitti boo with a wrap over the top is fabulous.

I do think Itti Bitti generally are very well thought out and well designed products. OK they are quite well engineered but then so are Tots Bots. And proof is how well they sell compared to other brands vs complaints on forums about performance. As I can see it the only real complaint about the D'Lish is when they just don't fit certain builds (typically fat tum and scrawny legs, which is difficult for many nappies and most one piece to go on nappies) - in which case the bitti boo (which incidentally are really gorgeous in the flesh) and a wrap would be the way to go, or if they are too builders bum - which is addressed with the Tutto. Ah just thought of another complaint: Too many colours to decide which to go for! :mrgreen: :giggle:

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:41 pm

Miranda would the tutto go from btp though, most dont and I cant imagine nappies like itti would but then I havent tried this.

I have seen a lot of questions on forums about crinkling, washing problems, fitting problems and the wing droop but loads of people love them, I'd be intrigued to try one of these new ones but I've gone off our ittis recently, I thought they were slim but they aren't really although this is probably due to using the large size as medium just doesnt fit well at all, and I find the inserts are actually really annoying and some are too long for the actual nappy so hang out the top a bit :-?
I'm not sure but they might do well to bring out a nappy that could be more main stream which is more likely to fit a range of babies, does that make sense? Ittis only fit a certain type of baby shape, but then again they seem to be doing really well with the babes that they work well with. Maybe thie tutto is that nappy, but will the many who have had problems with ittis want to try it.

Hmm I want to try one now :giggle:

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:44 pm

Yes the Tutto should easily fit BTP, I've not seen one in the flesh but they do come up a bit taller in the rise than the large hence will fit a higher weight range.

Re crinkling - this was a batch of faulty fabric, and all should have been replaced. Re washing IMO people should clear the machine filter regularly! Re fit and wing droop can be an issue for tubby tum and slimmer legs as can any popper fastening nappy - same problem happens with eg Fuzzi Bunz. This is the downside of a one piece to go on sytem, simply not as flexible as a nappy & separate wrap and won't fit as many babies as well.
Re the inserts - check you have the right size in the nappy, then make sure when you put it, lay baby on pull the front of the nappy towards you stretching the leg elastic out, and allowing the boosters to drop into place then bring up between the legs and do up as normal, and you should find the boosters have tucked themselves in.

Personally I think the one to fit a wider range of babies is the Bitti boo, as with a wrap over the top should be very absorbent, slim fitting and a very good fit and good on containment because of the wrap.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat