hf1

Why is it so hard

My avatar
vic
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Why is it so hard

Postby vic » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:45 pm

to find a shop in central scotland that sell a decent range of cloth nappies? There used to be when I had Cameron a shop in stirling where I could walk in touch all the products and buy and use straight away, but that shop is gone now and everywhere i look just seems to sell Bambino mio or the only have 1 or 2 in the shop as they are allowing an agent to use the shop and it would be a week before I could get what I wanted.

I'm having to get all my Bumgenius nappies from babame direct because nowhere seems to sell them here I have a few from before I had Amelia which I bought at a babyshow but I didnt know I was having a girl so didnt get too many and I'm having to wash the constantly.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Why is it so hard

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:18 pm

same problem here in exeter,devon hun. i can find mio's and mothercare smart nappies and that is it. i think exeter is stuckin the dark ages re cloth, in fact, i'm gonna ask my old school teacher who owns rainbow toys (sells molo clothing etc too) why he won't trial cloth nappies in his shop. there's a def gap in the market there i think

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:24 am

It's the low margin (and lack of repeat business) that's the killer for retail shops. However don't forget that you can order online and under the distance selling regulations you are entitled to send back anything you don't require once you've had a look at it.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:29 am

Do you have a babies r us near you? I went in one the other day and they has mio's/tots and BG's in there :)

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:48 am

Yeah we are thin on the ground for cloth in real shops (im lucky, bibs n bots is just round the corner :lol: ) but bar that, they have Bambino mio and smart nappies in Boots etc and if i travel 30mins to preston they have tots bots in babies r us. Do you have any second hand baby shops near you? We have one that occasionally get cloth in, usually mios (no surprise there) but i once got a like new bamboo little lamb, yellow modern baby fitted and a minki for £5 :shock: Oh and nursery world stock one life but its uber expensive in there! :evil:

My avatar
alemum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby alemum » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:57 am

vic wrote:to find a shop in central scotland that sell a decent range of cloth nappies? There used to be when I had Cameron a shop in stirling where I could walk in touch all the products and buy and use straight away, but that shop is gone now and everywhere i look just seems to sell Bambino mio or the only have 1 or 2 in the shop as they are allowing an agent to use the shop and it would be a week before I could get what I wanted.

I'm having to get all my Bumgenius nappies from babame direct because nowhere seems to sell them here I have a few from before I had Amelia which I bought at a babyshow but I didnt know I was having a girl so didnt get too many and I'm having to wash the constantly.

its not quite central but tots bots factory is in Glasgow (me thinks) prehaps you could go and bug them and get some inside onfo for us while your there :giggle:

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:08 pm

we have tots bots, bambino mio, smart nappies and kooshies I think in anniesland mothercare

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:12 pm

I think it's like that everywhere. I live in a big town in Kent, and I have to drive over 40 mins to find a shop that stocks nappies - thats Bambino Mio :( in John Lewis in Bluewater.

TBH, I like the being able to order nappies online, because then I have the anticipation of the postman arriving!!!

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:13 pm

same in plymouth hun, only thing you can buy in a shop is smart nappy(mothercare) or terries and pins and i think bambino mio in boots our babies r us dont sell cloth at all :shock:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat