hf1

just a few nappy questions that have been bugging me....

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

just a few nappy questions that have been bugging me....

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:15 am

a couple of this have been bothering me of late with my cloth.

1. why, when my stash was so perfect,does half suddenly stop working for us now meaning i've loads of money to spend out on completely new nappies that hopefully will work?

2, why did near enough every nappy i buy when i was pg get renegated to the clasifieds as nothing creates a good seal around his legs.

3, those with more than one in cloth, how many time do u find u are washing nappies? i've gone from every 2-3 days to nearly every day.

4, why is the best working nappy something i have nothing similar to something i can't get on classified and something that's gonna be expensive?

5, is it worth re doing my stash so that these working nappies are in there in a bigger amount (i especially like that they dry in no time)

6, what's the chances that i will re do my stash, only to need back what wasn't working a few months back?

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: just a few nappy questions that have been bugging me....

Postby 50ftQueenie » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:21 am

Right:

1. why, when my stash was so perfect,does half suddenly stop working for us now meaning i've loads of money to spend out on completely new nappies that hopefully will work? It's called sod's law

2, why did near enough every nappy i buy when i was pg get renegated to the clasifieds as nothing creates a good seal around his legs. It's very difficult to tell how a nappy is going to fit a baby that is still in the womb so it will just be trial and error

3, those with more than one in cloth, how many time do u find u are washing nappies? i've gone from every 2-3 days to nearly every day. I have only got one in cloth but I imagine you're going to be washing more with a newborn. It will settle back down eventually I'm sure

4, why is the best working nappy something i have nothing similar to something i can't get on classified and something that's gonna be expensive? Put up a wanted post, you might get a bargain. What were you after?

5, is it worth re doing my stash so that these working nappies are in there in a bigger amount (i especially like that they dry in no time) I agree with point 6!

6, what's the chances that i will re do my stash, only to need back what wasn't working a few months back?

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:36 am

thanks hun, well, oakley i'm changing about 10 times easy each day, taliesin about 4 times if in wool more if he is in aio's or our new pockets. i refuse to buy a bigger nappy bin, until a few days ago i had two, but i think by keeping the one i got it's easier to pair them all up etc after washing. yes i know i really know the answers to most of the questions but it's bugging me that after pockets and aio's never doing it for us, they now seem to work brilliantly, aplix seems better atm as taliesin is a wriggle bum and i can't keep him still half the time. i've just ordered oakley 6 teenyfits which i know will dry v quickly, fingers crossed will fit him better and that should top up his stash. (he's taken to peeing out the sides of itti's right now as even smalls are gaping at the legs) i got 2 easyfit v2 for taliesin, must buy more. but am torn between keeping on waiting for bargainbots to get the 5 packs of brights (made for american market) in, bargain at 35 quid for the 5, or do i just buy the english v2's at 18 quid each b4 p and p.gaaaaah my stash is doing my nut in. i'm thinking of losing all the print dunk n fluff as i just don't reach for them, the obv ones are far nicer. ohi'm giving meself brain strain this morning!

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:45 am

I would go for what is working now and sell what isn't. The good thing about our delicious cloth nappies is that you get a good price when you sell them on so you can do a stash switch later if your needs change. I would go for the American ones.... if it works out cheaper with the shipping etc. :wink: You don't need the extra stress of nappies not working properly on top of everything else. So list what isn't working and recycle the funds to buy what will. :hug: I can't believe how things change so quickly with what works! Martha used to live in Ittis, but now she gets terrible leg gape & wing droop! Never a problem before!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:54 am

the american ones are sold here on ebay, but very rarely does she stock them atm. my sister bought some (her first cloth purchase!) and i didn't like them till fiona sent me one free, now after seeing the sposie like fit, the fact that they dry in just over half an hour in my tumble dryer (my itti inserts take a day over racks and 15 mins in the dryer) plus i can keep t still long enough to get them on him. i've been stalking bargainbots all week, i missed the easyfits by one day, they're seconds on there, but things like wonky stitching mainly, the easyfits v2 are just under £18 quid each, but am already kicking myself for not adding 2 to my order today of the 6 teenyfits i ordered oakley.

T has a wonderful pink itti on right now btw. and the medium green one fits lovely, they are our in house running round with a t shirt on nappies, they wick onto jeans etc sadly

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:37 am

*tinkerbellarella* wrote: i missed the easyfits by one day, they're seconds on there, but things like wonky stitching mainly, the easyfits v2 are just under £18 quid each, but am already kicking myself for not adding 2 to my order today of the 6 teenyfits i ordered oakley.

You can add to that order if you like. I'll do the PO run about 4pm today and you can pay by CC over the phone. There wont be any postage charge if you add to an existing order.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:41 am

i think i will hun, lemme just grab me phone etc and i'll call. shame u don't need a review on them for ur website, i'd write a blinder!lol

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:49 am

thanks again hun :-)

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:22 pm

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:i think i will hun, lemme just grab me phone etc and i'll call. shame u don't need a review on them for ur website, i'd write a blinder!lol

lol...There is a review section on my FB page which you can add to any time. This months FB comp (to win an Itti Bitti Tutto) is pics of the LO's in nappies from the shop. Its not going to be done of the number of likes (because I hate that) but every child will be entered once and then drawn at random.

It was nice to talk to you earlier. I always like speaking to real people.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat