hf1

Is it the suede cloth? Update!

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Is it the suede cloth? Update!

Postby mabo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:12 am

Caitlin as been suffering from a rashy bottom on and off for months - nothing seemed to clear it until we had a break from cloth for a few days as we were up in the mountains and I had to catch up with washing when we came back. So this morning her bottom was clear and smooth for the first time in a loooong time until I put an Itti D'lish on her - within 2 hours her bottom was red-raw again :-?
So now I'm wondering as I've read about this before, could it be she has a reaction to the top layer of the Itti which is suede cloth?
Anna never had this problem so its a new thing to think about for me...
Last edited by mabo on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Is it the suede cloth?

Postby shoogah01 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:17 am

I can't use suede cloth on Aimie for the exact same reason :( she has really sensitive skin and it is just too rough for her :(

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:19 am

Never had a problem with it ourselves... :?
Could it be they need stripping and it's built up a bit on the suedecloth?

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:24 am

Velvetsteph wrote:Never had a problem with it ourselves... :?
Could it be they need stripping and it's built up a bit on the suedecloth?

This particular one was an almost brand new one. I'd used it twice ages ago when the PUL went funny on the outer and I've only just received a replacement for it - just the outer so the inserts were the ones I used twice before.
I always rinse 4 times to make sure there isn't any build up too :-?

Must add that D'lish do make up about half her stash of what she fits now so we do use those at least once a day...

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:00 am

I had this for months with Honey I sold her itti's as she grew out of them the rash dissapeared :shock: wish i'd realised what it was sooner, :oops:

My avatar
Pasi
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Pasi » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:05 pm

I found suedecloth quite prone to powder build-up and the ensuing rashiness. I don't use it any more for this reason, and I don't buy any nappies that have it. We've had no issues with fleece-lined nappies or with bamboo.

My avatar
malina
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby malina » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:58 pm

Pasi wrote:I found suedecloth quite prone to powder build-up and the ensuing rashiness. I don't use it any more for this reason, and I don't buy any nappies that have it. We've had no issues with fleece-lined nappies or with bamboo.

Well, same here. Although in my DD case the rash happens only on v hot days. :x
And if i use microfiber insert with sude cloth lined pockets there is a tragedy!!

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Is it the suede cloth? Update!

Postby mabo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:18 am

Well it has been over a month since I last put an Itti on Caitlin and her bum has not looked as good as since she was first born! :wine:

So I do think she is just sensitive to the suede cloth for some reason as she has 1 doll with a suede cloth body and whenever she has been cuddling/kissing it, she ends up with a light rash around her mouth :-?

Either way I am sooo happy that her bum has cleared as DH was really starting to pressure me into stopping cloth all together - now if only I could lie her in the sun with a bare bottom for a bit so she could get some colour back on the sore patches as at the moment she has lovely olives skin all over, but a very much lighter bum :giggle:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat