hf1

boy clothes for over cloth

My avatar
stormy_weather
Clothie
Clothie

boy clothes for over cloth

Postby stormy_weather » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:45 pm

Just wondered if more experienced cloth nappyists could shed some light on boy clothing that will fit over cloth bums. I know about cut4cloth and stuff like that, but wondered if there was a more high street shop that you found made clothes which were baggy enough?

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: boy clothes for over cloth

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:49 pm

last week i bought next jeans for taliesin, he's 14months old an i bought 12-18 months, didn't think they would fit but they did, i have to turn the bottoms up though as he is a shortie! £5 quid a pair his jeans were in there, also m and s jeans we have 9-12 seems quite generous and his bum doesn't look abnormally big. that's my limit for high street though, the rest of the time he is in wool, which of course, is fab over cloth nappies!

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:30 pm

My two have always just been in regular high street trousers, but both are skinny and relied on the nappies keeping their trousers up. Finn's nearly 2.5 but in 12-18m now that he's out of nappies and I still have to roll them over at the waist to keep them up!

These M&S shorts are great, and roomy enough for a nappy.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:55 am

I find jersey type trousers the best as they have more give than linen/demin etc.

Other than that - wool is the answer :wink: We only use wool on DD but do have a pair of jersey trousers somewhere in her wardrobe :)

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:04 am

we've found next come up small but Nathan is very short in the legs and at 15m is wearing his 9-12m jogging bottoms from sainsburys/asda/tesco fine atm over cloth. I have found the supermarkets sizing to be pretty generous compared to high st shops.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:09 am

I dont like NEXT at all, i hate the fit and did on DD...although its better on her now she is older...

As for stuff for Kieren, i buy from tesco alot as they have the adjustable waist...as do M&S and i like them too :) we use a lot of joggers too :)

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:15 am

megansmummy wrote:I dont like NEXT at all, i hate the fit and did on DD...although its better on her now she is older...

As for stuff for Kieren, i buy from tesco alot as they have the adjustable waist...as do M&S and i like them too :) we use a lot of joggers too :)

the fit in there for the girls is terrible i must admit. my 10 yr old gets skirts aged 4, my 9 yr old has age 12 for the legs but they are hooge on the waist

i don't do tesco clothing apart from tops though, i find them teeny over cloth. how odd eh?

My avatar
dippydee
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby dippydee » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:46 am

we mainly use fleece or wool these days but we do have some jeans and other bits from asda that fit pretty well but if in doubt i buy the next size up and turn his legs over :oops:

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:47 am

for boys, definitely next trousers, just make sure they're adjustable waist. i never had to size up that i can remember, just normal size and sometimes roll up the legs as they're mega long (and ds is v tall for his age). mini mode were the best of all, but they're apparently changing to mothercare-made stuff at the end of the month so who knows what that will be like.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat