hf1

Newborn nappies - HELP - which are best?

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Newborn nappies - HELP - which are best?

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:22 pm

I am after some advice :D

As i didn't use fluf on dd when she was tiny i am not really sure which nappies are great for newborns? My brother has just found out he is to be a daddy :wine: and i want to get them up a little starter pack of different nappies to try with bump

So all reccommendations gratefully received :hug:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Newborn nappies - HELP - which are best?

Postby megansmummy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:27 pm

I used the following on DS as a newborn/small baby~

diddy diapers (they were ok, not my favs)
kissaluvs 0's (these didnt last very long at all)
Bamboo lovables (liked these!)
Goodmamas (OS and i used them from 6 weeks and oved them, still do)
xs and s thirsties fab fitteds
xs and s sandies (cotton wernt as good as the bamboo but still good)
Bamboo little lambs (loved them! we use size 2 now)
newborn and small sized prefolds (loved them and still do)

For bump i have~
diddy diapers
bamboo lovables
sandies
swaddlebess OCV
bamboo LL's
small DnF's
newborn and small prefolds
newborn puddlekins (forgot that one!!!)
Last edited by megansmummy on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:30 pm

I agree with Tory's list. Size 0 Bimbles/Bambeasies are good too. If you want to try DnFs, you probably want to look at the XS ones as well, as the small ones are actually quite big and wouldn't have fit even Jake at birth.

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:53 pm

I've found my bomb proof nappies on new borns to be tots bots fitteds, lollipops fitteds & littlelamb fitteds with ME airflows (because they have elastic at the front). :lol:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:53 pm

tots bots original i find great, i nippa them to adjust to fit- bombproof! small dunk n fluffs are fab, teeny fits from tots bots are AMAZING!!!!! i've sold on alsorts to fund buying these and i wish i'd bought from birth, lovely and dad friendly go on like a sposie and are not bulky and have fab colourways. thirsties i found rubbish, wee'd thru in half an hour, prefolds are ok if u like that kind of thing. i found puddlekins too largely made for my lo, the main problem we had with nappies was leg gape. oakley was 7lbs but has ickle legs so alot of fitted nappies went straight up for sale, pretty much all my stash has gone in place of teenyfits actually. i found most other things leaked, and each nappy change i ended up changing a whole load of clothing each time. oakley is 10 weeks old and these are the only bombproof nappies next to anything nippa'd to fit. my hubby LOVES them

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Annika is Oakley still in his teenyfits? Im thinking of getting some (i have a free one) but wasnt sure how long they would last.

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:39 am

Bimbles and Bambeasies Size 0 were also our favourites. I found the Little Lambs and Tots Bots originals a bit on the big siz at first but were brilliant from about 3-4 weeks. I also liked Swaddlebees Newborn OV, a very cute nappy but didn't last us that long as Rowan was a very long baby when she was tiny. We also used Motherease Airflows as I found we could get a better and more reliable fit that the Rikki's. I hadn't succumbed to Weenotions yet then otherwise I probably would have had their wraps as well!! :giggle:

Cathleen xx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:42 am

HighlandMum wrote:Annika is Oakley still in his teenyfits? Im thinking of getting some (i have a free one) but wasnt sure how long they would last.

This is yesterday, Noah was 8lb14 born and it fits beautifully now.

Annika I thought Noah was 9 weeks have I lost a week :-?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:46 am

My favs are diddy diapers, S BBSS, S ittis, XS FnS, NB swaddlebees.

Thirstys are great but dont last long at all

Not so keen on nb mutts, S JRs are TINY, I find sandys a big baggy IYKWIM, I like my DnF but for the price I prefer others IYKWIM

It depends how big of a baby you are expecting, SUmmer was 7lb8 but stayed small a long time and I loved XS fuzzis on her

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat