hf1

Where/how do you store your nappies and accesories?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Where/how do you store your nappies and accesories?

Postby megansmummy » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:04 am

Nappies are stored on the shelves next to/above the changing table and then the top two drawers of the chest of drawers/change table are full of wraps, liners, nappy creams, nippa's etc and there are two wicker basets at the side which have the prefolds in them :)

I need to get some strorage for the baby's new nappies, his/her growing stash is currently stored in a under-cot drawer in the nursery. We have bought the same furnature set as Kieren has in the nursery for the new baby too so we will use the change table/chest of drawers top drawers for accsessories but i need somewhere for the nappies...

Woolies are hung in the wardrobe on pinchy hangers :)

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:15 pm

red_dwarf wrote:
HighlandMum wrote:
red_dwarf wrote:Im getting this
Im hoping that the space under the table will be big enough for my stash. Also got a very small wickar basket unit (normally in bathrooms) int he livingroom for downstairs nappy changes

We have that nursery set, there is a fair bit of room under the table but it is a bit of a pita storing stuff there because the change table sticks out over it so much. Are you buying the matching tall unit? Thats where i store my fluff :)

Erm not sure which one you mean. can you give me a pic or a link :)

It doesnt seem to be on the ikea website anymore, which is odd as it was on it a few weeks ago :-?

Anyhoo - this is the unit in Sandys nursery. The top pic was taken before he was born and before we thought about cloth.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:21 pm

mine is on shelves and in baskets in the sitting room mainly, my itti's are in plastic drawers in the hallway and i usually have some pending in a wash basket somewhere! inserts and liners in the bottom drawer and i have various pradamark woven bags for collecting strayodds and ends in

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:51 pm

red_drwarf - there is loads of leksvik stuff on ebay. We have some of the sitting room stuff and they do a nice floor standing bookcase, a wall hung shelf unit, cd towers (which work very well for nappy storage).

Worth a litle look see.

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:02 pm

Wool lives in a 5 shelf bookcase in bedroom (each shelf dedicated to soakers, shorties/boardies, crops, skirties, longies) FULL AND MORE WOOL ON THE WAY :oops:

Fitteds & AI2s/pockets live on a 6 shelf bookcase in front room ( fitteds fill 3 shelves, have 1 shelf almost empty...the rest are on the other 2 shelves)

Wool Interlock/fleece live on a shelf amongst Aoife's clothes

1 top n tail bowl filled with wipes, 1 basket full of liners, 2 baskets full of spare inserts/boosters

Oh and the night nappies are on a separate shelf with encyclopeadias(sp?) :giggle:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat