hf1

Microfibre inserts and wet inners

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Microfibre inserts and wet inners

Postby smilinglou » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:27 am

We use bumgenius for nights as the inner material stays dry for quite a while, only thing is it eventually becomes very wet, I'm guessing the microfibre is so wet it's pushing moisture through the inner, we use the two mf inserts and a hemp insert in the middle, any tips on this wetness, could I put something on top of the insert inside, I've seen suede cloth insert socks, are these for this problem?
Tips much appreciated

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Microfibre inserts and wet inners

Postby emmalala » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:33 am

I would ditch the MF completly, I can't use it because it wicks so badly :( I have to use bamboo and hemp in all my pockets

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:05 pm

And they function fine just bamboo and hemp? What about the slow to absorb problem or is that just hemp? x

My avatar
cumbrianlass
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cumbrianlass » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:00 pm

Never had a problem with bamboo, and hemp once it has been washed loads is pretty absorbant too. Until that happens, you could use the small microfibre newborn insert that the BGs came with laid on the top? Shouldn't add much bulk.

Eventually though you may find that nothing is enough to last over night with a pocket. We had to stop using them and go to 2 parters by about 11/12 months.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:50 pm

I'm still impressed that you can use a bg for bed! :giggle: dan manages to wriggle that much the velcro comes open

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:09 pm

emmalala wrote:I'm still impressed that you can use a bg for bed! :giggle: dan manages to wriggle that much the velcro comes open

I'm trying the V4 poppers on Max for bed tomorrow because he is the wriggliest baby in the world (I swear he is!!)

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:32 pm

:giggle: she undoes them when she has her massage but the rest of the time they're fine, i would use 2 parters with wool or fleece but need the stay dry! can you buy suedecloth to cut up as liners?

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat