hf1

Bm leaking at thighs.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Bm leaking at thighs.

Postby ems101 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Ive been finding that our bum genius birth to potty v 3+4's have been leaking at the thigh through to the trousers.

Any advice? This does tend to happen after 2+ hrs in them.... should i just change before this? Im so used to sposies and keep forgetting!

Thanks!

Em x

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Bm leaking at thighs.

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:25 pm

do u use vests? vests can sometimes make wicking or leaking from the same area worse, so u might want to go up a size in those, also inserts, if memory serves they come with microfibre inserts, something like hemp or bamboo is more absortbant so u might like to try a combo of those. i don't use them anymore myself, but am sure there will be those that do along shortly.x

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:30 pm

everything that the lady above me said, also make sure the inserts are flat inside and not bunched up, otherwise the moisture will end up coming through, anything tight will cause wicking, it's not leaking but moisture being squeezed through, microfibre is terrible for this, I'm having probs at the moment with the bg inners being soaked due to the mf :(

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:31 pm

I found if the trousers were a bit tight in the crutch area when they would leak. I found looser trousers or joggers seemed to stop it.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:41 pm

ah yes, her vests are getting a bit tight and she wears leggings so they ride up a bit into the crotch. Can you buy inserts seperatly?

Thansk again!!

Em x

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:50 pm

i hear alot of people like easy peasy hemp boosters, *i think* u can get a pack of 5 for £10 on ebay, someone will correct me if i am wrong, or if it's just to try out look on the classifieds for some cheap boosters. or start a thread on fav boosters for pockets and where to buy and people will tell u what they find works etc. i find with vests going up a size is good,u want them looser fitting, leggings if riding up at the sides will come into contqct with the leg cuffs and 'wick' fluid out. personally i love bamboo inserts, i have these in all my pockets, but while being more absorbant they do take longer to dry so u might want a combo of a few in your stash for say wash days etc there are ways of layering them too which work better than others but i can't recall all of these. i generally get 3-4 hours from my pockets which i think is quite average. but def worthposting to ask about what people like and how to use them, goes something like microfibre is quick to absorb but holds water i think, then u want something slower to absorb under it, but which holds more liquid too. someone else will explain it properly though. and good on u for perservering!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:38 pm

i use 2easy peasy bamboo and 2 easy peasy hemp inserts in ours or the easy peasy hemp with a ptit dessous bamboo.the bumgenius inserts never worked at all for us.easy peasy inserts are cheapest direct from them as no postage.
Last edited by lazylexis on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:41 pm

lazylexis wrote:i use easy peasy bamboo and hemp inserts in ours or the easy peasy hemp with a ptit dessous bamboo.the bumgenius inserts never worked at all for us.

Ditto!

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:48 pm

With vests, try some vest extenders - picture here http://www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk/acatalog/details-1%2109EXT.html, these simply clip on the bottom of your vests and add a few vital extra inches. I'm sure what is happening is that your vests are working their way in the side of the crotch hence the leaks.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat