hf1

Best Nappies for Starting Nursery

My avatar
Emilie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Best Nappies for Starting Nursery

Postby Emilie » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:24 am

Hey guys, my son starts nursery in 8 weeks time as i go back to university. The nursery has said they are happy to use reusables but i'm not sure what kind of nappies are best to send him to nursery in. A lot of my nappies are a bit bulky underneath jeans etc, as it will be winter, like my WN's so i need something absorbant but slim fitting. I was thinking about trying the bg v4s, and the tots bots easyfits. Maybe flips too. What have you/do you use for nursery? or any suggestions. Thanks in advance. :D

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Best Nappies for Starting Nursery

Postby fivefourfour » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:54 am

Easyfits are the slimmest nappy I have ever tried. M is wearing them uner leggings today, and it hardly looks like she has a nappy on, let alone a clothie.

Plus, they are AIO, so no more fiddly than a sposie for the nursery staff (and they are yummy colours/prints). If you don't have any, there are some 5 packs of easyfit brights (red, orange, turquoise, yellow and green) on ebay at the moment, which is well worth checking out. I think they are fab value as the are a true btp. When M is being looked after by grandparents or friends she is always in easyfits.

Also try the Close parent snap in, as they have a great adjustable rise so are another good btp option.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:04 am

my DD just started nursery today and I had been getting a stash of pockets for her to wear (mainly BG V3 but also some Blueberrys and WNSS). Turns out they already have one little boy there who is in prefolds and wraps, so they are happy to use anything and are even happy to use fitteds and wool (which is what we use 90% of the time) :wine: .

Just for ease and to avoid stuff getting damaged and stained etc though I think we'll either go with fitteds and interlock trousers, or Blueberry pockets - these seem to last DD really well and are slim enough to go under most of her clothes. Tots Easyfit didn't work for us at all and I ended up selling them all on - DD leaked everytime in them :-( I have also bought some Frugi cut4cloth branded jeans and trousers, they are much roomier through the bum so will go over fitteds and wool as well as pockets - they will be our nursery clothes.

I think BG are also a great option for nursery as they are velcro and go on just like a disposable - I just don't really like applix nappies so I'm going to try and move over to all poppers shortly (I think V4 now has a popper option? haven't tried those yet as bought mine last year).

I would say go with what works for you - you may well find the nursery staff are more accomodating than you expect - mine were really interested to see DDs nappies this morning - maybe I'll convert a few more people :wink:

My avatar
Emilie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Emilie » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:06 pm

Thanks guys :D Does anyone else have any other ideas? would love to hear them.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:09 pm

Another vote her for BG V3. My ILs have my DS during the week and so I have a stash of 20 as they find these the easiest to use. I love WNOS and WNSS but they're not a great fit on DS.

You could also try Happy Heinys, Greenkids and Coolababy :D Itti Bittis are cute but are very hit-and-miss. They didn't work well on DS as we had bad leg gape which resulted in leaks but I know people who have used them very successfully and they are a slim fit under clothes

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:43 pm

Definitely aplix nappies, on the odd occasion we sent Martha in poppered nappies they were never done up tight enough. BGs are good, also the pop ins (close baby), another vote for Greenkids here too. We also had a couple of Haute nappies that I bought pre loved on here, they are like wonderoos but aplix, BTP nappies from Aus, come with their own microfibre inserts. Come up bigger than BGs so will last longer :wink: . I have two for sale but they are pink so don't think they'd be much use for you :giggle:

And definitely pockets. Another fan of Happy heinys with the right filling, or Greenkids, with a greenkids bamboo insert. I also loved Pocketbots and Upsy Daisy for the fit on Martha, if you can find any secondhand.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat