Always leaking poo :-(

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Always leaking poo :-(

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:54 pm

I have a problem with poo leaks right now :cry:

Yesterday he pooed out of a little lamb size 1 all over his pixie knit longies. So thought OK try a bigger nappy today - so we had a MEOS with popper insert of big setting with medium weenotions wrap (nemo) and he pooed literally up his back.

So what do I do - I don't want to fasten nappy or wrap so he gets red marks on his legs and I can't fully guess what time the event once a day is going to happen. It is just getting a bit of a pain in the bum now and I know it would be worse in the other type of nappies, but we haven't had to contend with leaks before.

Don't know if his few mouthfuls of carrot this evening would help change everything so it isn't so massive and liquid, to be honest I am surprised, but perhaps I should just try to go with MEOS at the moment and try and experiment to see how tightly I can manage to do them up - partly because we have been getting leg leaks and never up the back ones and the MEOS cover the thigh not just leg.

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Always leaking poo :-(

Postby karenandgeorgia » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:37 pm

Ben has had a cough and the snuffles recently hasn't he? maybe this is making him a bit looser than normal :? Hopefully with the weaning and your vast knowledge of all cloth you'll find a solution soon :D

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:54 pm

Are you starting weaning now so that ben will have a bit of food each day? If so i think you should find that after a couple of days his poop should'nt be quite so runny. Dd was the same but she did'nt leak it (wears mostly tots with my homemade wraps in the day) She has one meal a day now (1cube of food) and it has made her poop pastey but not solid iykwim?
Sorry tmi really.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:44 pm

Ben's poo has been the same liquidy yellow for ages, but he is storing it up for longer. And when he was more ill it became even more runny if that is possible :roll:

I think I might try without liners and see if that works - failing that might just try his night nappies with less stuffing all day long - or just not dressing him until the event has happened :wink: .

Just seems so weird that if being such a dedicated cloth user is getting problems what about other people - dread to think what would happen with the prefolds which apparently leak :?

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:12 pm

I do'nt really know what else to say really. I'll make Ben a wrap up tomorrow, i've got tons of pul here. (thats if it's ok? I do'nt expect anything in return) It might/might not help.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:40 am

we used meos on Charlotte and I am pretty sure we were still folding them down at Ben's age, so I would suggest that it may have been a little loose - although I think we had leaks onto wraps a bit but the wrap always contained it iyswim - so the little lamb leaking onto the longies doesn't really surprise me with a pre-weaned baby. This is why I suggest 2 parters are better for pre-weaned babies as pockets wouldn't always contain it.

How did you fasten the meos? Charlotte is now 2 and 30 lbs and we do up her meos on the second popper on each side so you can definately do them tighter than that. Just slide your finger around the leg hole and waist and as long as it slides freely it isn't too tight.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:18 pm

I think at the moment, after this mornings poo, it seems my little boy is just out pooing his nappies due to the volume and explosion.

This morning it was an early morning on out of his 2nd night nappy (large eh bumhugger with his wool ladybird wrap).

Pinky - its very lovely of you to say you will make Ben up a wrap, but you don't need to if you haven't started as I haven't yet tried all the wraps we have here :oops:

So we have more combinations to try and also hopefully if he becomes more weaned things will start changing - there was evidence of carrot this morning :lol: Don't think he liked apple puree this lunch so baby rice it is for dinner as 2 x 5oz through the night it not good for me :cry:

My avatar
sueeltringham
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sueeltringham » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:49 pm

I found the Motherease wraps were the only ones that contained poos at this stage. Not the most exciting, but very, very reliable.

Sue

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat