hf1

What to do what to do?

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

What to do what to do?

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:44 pm

Ok Im having a love hate relationship with fitteds and Ive been like this for a couple of months now. They are so pretty and gorgeous (all HO, DnF, FnS etc) but I just dont find myself reaching for them. The main issue is bulk. They are much more bulky than our beloved pockets so I find myself going for these if we are going out and he has to wear clothes. He's not the biggest of kids at 22lb at 15months so a huge bum just looks odd on him iykwim.

I do love the fitteds at home though and they are so lovely I almost cant bear to part with them but we have 50 nappies and I tend to reach for reliable pockets first so run out of these before ive even used 2 fitteds :oops: .

HELP I so want to love them but I think at heart Im pockets through and through as they were all I used on DD.

What would you do? Sell some fitteds (oh god how do I pick!) or keep them and hope.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: What to do what to do?

Postby ladybird » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:45 pm

Keep them and use wool shorties/longies over! No contest. :giggle:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:49 pm

similar here hun, i think i'm going to use fitted nappies and wool overnight to give t's bum a rest from pul, but i have to admit, i love my easyfits. i can't part with my dunk n fluff's though, they were a custom for taliesin so i shall keep them. longies don't seem so well matched to pockets. i am making new trousers for the winter to urge me back into fitteds sometimes as wool longies to me are much more of a winter thing. that's only a personal opinion, but i too am loving normal clothes on taliesin atm, but i'll prob get bored and go back to wool. maybe it's just a phase hun?

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:50 pm

Put your pockets out of reach and use the good stuff. :giggle:

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:52 pm

Pick 5 fitteds and sell them, use the cash to buy some super scrumptious wool and make some longies, it may just tempt you into using your fitteds some more xx

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:55 pm

WTS! Fitteds are the ONLY way to go :hohoho: But be warned, woolies are a slippery slope that can lead to obsession and stalking :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:56 pm

paintedclaws wrote:Put your pockets out of reach and use the good stuff. :giggle:

If only! I love being able to use the clothes he got for his birthday for a change and tbh I only use wool really for nights as DF hates it :roll: His 12-18 next dungarees I think are roomy enough for the likes of a DnF under them as he;s quite skinny. In fact maybe I should put the pockets away.....I just find them so easy though with a wriggly crawling away uncooperative child!

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:57 pm

I think you can love pockets and fitteds too. :giggle: We've always tended to use pockets during the day and fitted at home or at night. Best of both worlds then.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:57 pm

choccylisa wrote:WTS! Fitteds are the ONLY way to go :hohoho: But be warned, woolies are a slippery slope that can lead to obsession and stalking :giggle: :giggle:

We have soaring sheep shorties, Woollywumpkins shorties and a lovely HO soaker plus some halobaby longies being amended. I just cant find the right love for it for daytimes :oops:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat