hf1

Leg gape and changing shape

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Leg gape and changing shape

Postby sjm » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:57 am

lucas has really slimmed and we are struggling with leaking and leg gape. Ideas needed . has anyone had to go back to poppering down btp nappies as there little one has grown.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Leg gape and changing shape

Postby clothmama » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:04 am

I do remember putting nappies away and then once Louis started being more mobile getting them back out again! He was in large nappies at 9 months and was still in soem of the same nappies at 3.5!

Do what you need to do to get the right fit as his shape changes :D

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:16 pm

It's very common to have to go back to a previous size - but almost as common for people to think there's something wrong with their current (and often relatively recently purchased) nappies that now leak! It's all to do with the developing stomach muscles pulling the tummy in, and the exercise of running about toning up and slimming down the legs. So yes do get back to your old size settings.

I've even known some babies go from XL wraps back down to Medium once they're up and running about.

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:18 pm

yep alesha was using BTP nappies on biggest setting at 10-12months but once she started walking went back down to smallest setting and still fits that setting now at 21months :giggle: x

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:18 pm

Yep we went from full rise before he was walking to middle rise as his legs are slimmer and they fit better lower rise now. No more simon cowell nappies!

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:10 pm

Yup we did the same I was beginning to think he'd not last them til potty training so was glad when he did drop back to a medium!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat