hf1

What is a heavy wetter and what makes a heavy wetter?

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: What is a heavy wetter and what makes a heavy wetter?

Postby e586 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:05 pm

northernruth wrote:I classed Martha as a heavy wetter towards the end of her nappy use, but for completely different reasons, in that she had bladder control and so would flood a nappy. She's not particularly a big drinker and up till then we didn't really have any issues, it was just the sheer volume produced all at one go that caused the leakage issues.

we had this too with Natalie. Drove me nuts!

My avatar
Isla'smum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Isla'smum » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:03 pm

DD2 is a heavy wetter during the day and I believe that is directly correlated to how much she drinks ie ALOT! We simply don't get 2 hours out of any of our nappies regardless of how much they are boosted but have most success with boosted DnFs under fleece. At night though we have no problems with a WNNN and fleece soaker and her nappy in the morning is certainly not wringing wet :) Unless I restrict her fluid intake during the day (which I am not going to do) I can't see the situation changing :|

My avatar
calliflower
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby calliflower » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:18 pm

DD (2) is a heavy wetter. I had to boost her night nappies pretty much from go. The night ones now have to be super boosted to last (fitted with two prefolds and a normal booster). Although I have found that wool at night definitely helps her to stay drier. Day time is better.

The funny thing is that she doesn't drink loads. She obviously is just better at extracting liquid from food then my other children. DS (7 months) is a light wetter. He hardly ever leaks and still goes un-boosted at night. Its funny how every child is different, even in the same family.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat