Postby Fayesmum » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:15 pm

Our hospital use cloth.... they have pads like terry boosters and wraps :D

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Cloth in hospital

Postby Rox » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:56 pm

I didnt tell anyone i was taking it in, so they couldnt have any opportunity to tell me i couldnt LOL. The list simply said 'nappies' so i took in my lovely fluff. TBH i thought 'my baby, my choice' and was ready to fight them over it if they said anything, but in fact, all the MWs were inlove with cloth and the cloth wipes. They had never seen a baby in cloth and random MWs kept stopping by just to have a look/play LOL

I had a section too, but DH was in charge of the nappy and as she went through to be weighed dressed etc i had put some teeny nappies in the bag so he could put it on her instead of the disp i heard they put on them at that point.

Scarlett has been in cloth since birth and i've loved every min of it - especially her first butter SBOV NB nappy <3 (which i still have)

There after i used to just tell the MW's how to use them, its not like theyre hard is it and after that first night you'll be up and about changing baby anyway so... Oh, but i did get DH to prep them (liners in etc ready to use) as then it was literally a case of them putting them on, no faffing.

I used to put the dirty ones in a wetbag and DH would take them home with him at the end of visiting, wash them and bring back clean ones the next day :)

Go for it :wine:

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:16 pm

In Reading (where Joshua and Anna were born) they asked us to bring our own nappies, but as I didnt start cloth until Anna was 8 months they were both in sposies... I'm pretty sure they would have been OK with cloth if I'd brought those, lets face it, if they dont offer an alternative, they would have to put them in it!

Here in Melbs, they actually put Caitlin in a folded muslin with plastic wrap that you have to tie around the waist - talk about old fashioned! :wine: They said it was more so that they could see properly if bubs start passing urine before being released from hospital - given the tiny bladders they have when born, a disp would make this very difficult to see.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:17 am

Thankyou for all your replies ladies :)

I have my community midwife on tuesday so i will ask her about it, and if she says no cloth i will plead ignorance when i go into hospital and take my stash anyhoo ;)

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Chooky » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:33 am

HighlandMum wrote:Thankyou for all your replies ladies :)

I have my community midwife on tuesday so i will ask her about it, and if she says no cloth i will plead ignorance when i go into hospital and take my stash anyhoo ;)

Ignorance is Bliss :wine: :giggle:

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:00 pm

I didn't have a section, but when I had M, they had her wrapped in a towel until the various dramas involving the both of us had passed, and gave her to me in that. Then my husband and my sister cleaned her, got her in her nappy and got her dressed...

I would take them in with you - they can't object to what nappies you use, especially if they are taken home to be washed along with your dirty clothes...

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:01 pm

And my husband has just reminded me that they had a load of TB bamboozles and wraps and some prefolds for sale on the wards and in the hospital shop...

My avatar
nappymad09
Clothie
Clothie

Postby nappymad09 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:25 pm

im also wanting to take cloth with me i do have 1 pack of nature babycare nappies packed but thats only 24 nappies and isnt going to last that long specially when im staying in on a c section ...cant find out what kings mill say.. :(

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:39 pm

Gonna have to take the "ignorance is bliss" approach it seems as my hospital says no to cloth according to a customer I spoke to today who had wanted to take her cloth in and asked and was told no. When I had Natalie it was ok to have them, they just had to go home for washing each night. So I'm just going to pretend I thought that was still the case and take them :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat