hf1

Cloth in hospital

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Cloth in hospital

Postby megansmummy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Did they put sandy on the little resus table to nappy him so you could see him? im wondering if your hubby could just put the nappy on him/her in theatre before you head into recovery if your worried about that? When M and K were born (same theatre lol) the resus table was almost next to my head so that i could see the baby at all times and it would be easy for hubby to do the nappy without seeing anything suspitious :giggle: Thats given me an idea actually! :giggle: OR if it was something like a teenyfit (hehe) then it goes on like a disp anyway so im thinking the MW would be fine with it?

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:05 pm

They lifted him up for me to see then took him to be cleaned, weighed ect - i couldnt see him at this point he was away past my feet somewhere and Sy darent look as he was petrified of seeing anything at the other side of the screen (i wasnt, i watched everything lol). I think i will probably either give them a teenyfit or ask them to let dh put one on once we are in recovery to save him from any gore :)

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:21 pm

with ds we were told no cloty nappies for cleanliness reasons. but i never saw a nurse/doc at all until he was transferred to scbu so figured with clara i'd take the 'don't ask' approach. so i did it, and put straight in the wetbag and into my case, and no one would even knew the wiser except the paed who had to look at her after the issues oscar had.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:28 pm

I put Grace's first nappy on her - she was totally starkers for skin to skin :)

We did cloth from the word go, I had a big weenotions wet bag for all the nappies and sicked on muslins etc... I might have taken a bigger bag next time too as it meant any clothes I bled on could be put in too ;)

Isabelle was whisked off to SCBU before I was even out of theatre so she was in disps until we got her out of scbu and home :(

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:29 pm

tiyuricc wrote:with ds we were told no cloty nappies for cleanliness reasons. but i never saw a nurse/doc at all until he was transferred to scbu so figured with clara i'd take the 'don't ask' approach. so i did it, and put straight in the wetbag and into my case, and no one would even knew the wiser except the paed who had to look at her after the issues oscar had.

I'm going to take this approach next time. When I was pg with Natalie the info I read said that you could bring them but someone had to take the dirty ones home at the end of each day. We had decided to use disposables for the first bit anyway so it wasn't an issue but next time I want to start right on cloth so if I end up in hospital (which I'm also hoping to avoid for any length of time) then I'll be taking BG aio's and teenyfits and a nice cute MF wet bag! :giggle: and if the policy is now no cloth then I'll just plead ignorance and mention that I didn't realise the rules had changed in the last 3 years :)

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:44 pm

I'm wondering if the hospitals that say no to cloth empty the bins on the wards everyday, the bin wasn't emptied for two days (emptied on day three and only twice during my stay with Poppy). The only reason I noticed was because it was practically at the end of my bed and so blinking annoying with the clatter it made every few minutes. I can't imagine that's very hygenic...

I definitely agree with the say nothing approach. Plus chances are, unless you have a csection or complications like we did, you'll be home before you have to use three nappies.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:10 pm

tiyuricc wrote:with ds we were told no cloty nappies for cleanliness reasons. but i never saw a nurse/doc at all until he was transferred to scbu so figured with clara i'd take the 'don't ask' approach. so i did it, and put straight in the wetbag and into my case, and no one would even knew the wiser except the paed who had to look at her after the issues oscar had.

Exactly the same for me with my last two, although no one would notice if I used cloth so I'm going to this time :giggle: If they ask what to put the baby in, I'll give them a vest, sleepsuit, and... a reusable! I just won't take any disposables with me.

My avatar
lainey1978
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby lainey1978 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:19 pm

choccylisa wrote:

Exactly the same for me with my last two, although no one would notice if I used cloth so I'm going to this time :giggle: If they ask what to put the baby in, I'll give them a vest, sleepsuit, and... a reusable! I just won't take any disposables with me.

Exactly, they are not able to stop you from using cloth if that is what you have decided! What are they going to do ask you to leave the hospital??

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:41 pm

Benjamin was in cloth from his first nappy, it was ages until he was actually taken out of the towel from theatre and nappy and dressed. He wasn't allowed cloth at all in SCBU, but was allowed it on the ward with me, but I had some major wobbles in hospital due to his health and feeding so sometimes he used a disp briefly, for the half hour he was allowed to be held, but if he was allowed to wear clothes, he wore cloth.

The meconium comes out of the nappies just fine!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat