hf1

Meconium and nappies

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Meconium and nappies

Postby LilMrsAverage » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:56 pm

.... how easy does it wash off - I recall it being difficult to get it off Dexters skin at some points :oops: ... wondering how easily it will come off the nappies! x

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Meconium and nappies

Postby paintedclaws » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:04 pm

It's really easy to get of cloth, remember the nappies aren't like sposies where the moisture is all drawn away so it's not as bad at all.

I was quite surprised with Poppy because I remember the black tar and and trying to get it off without hurting baby but it wasn't anywhere near as bad.

My avatar
caz88
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby caz88 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:12 pm

I was surprised but found it quite easy to get off, but also used fleece liners. If i was to do it again prob wouldn't chance it with my bestest cloth but it didn't stain my stuff...

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:17 pm

we'd planned to use cloth but then they hozzie wanted me to be showing them oakley's wet nappies, and handed me a load of spoisies, also at them time the washer had broke down so i couldn't use them from birth as planned. but given that he was being changed at each feed on request of scbu my word i'd have got thru his stash in a day or so easy. it can be done though, although i found it to be about 4-5 weeks b4 anything even slightly fitted. i also felt personally that after a section i was allowed to be lazy for a bit, and concentrate on breastfeeding oakley. which was a good choice, as feeding him is nowhere near as bad as it was with taliesin

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:46 pm

i used nippa'd muslins on clara in hospital, no liners. it came out first wash no problems and our washer was having issues at the time not working very well.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:14 pm

Im tempted to use cloth from the getgo and im going to get some swaddlebees newborn prefolds and size1 thirsties duo's, i might also get some XS thirsties too. I will use big fleece liners and just not worry about i tbh :wink:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:26 pm

I used cloth from the word go and never regretted it for a minute!

I was particularly concerned about the effect of all those disp nasties next to a newborn's skin whereas an older baby with less sensitive skin I'm less concerned about so I felt it was expecially important for on a newborn...

The nasty black stuff didn't stain and came off no problems, same with the lovely bright yellow poo :)

Faves were bimbles as they were fleece lined ;)
XS thirsties were cute but had virtually NO absorbency whatsoever so were useless once my milk came in...
Bimbles were much better and I could boost them with a small tots bamboo booster as needed...

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:12 pm

I would like to recommend terry squares you could probably get some ffp off here and you can wash them at 60 or even 90. plus they are really great to bulk up your newborn stash sooooooooo cheap and great for early baby nappy off time under their bum. very quick drying too incase you get bogged down with the washing :wink:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat