hf1

Out of love with fitteds

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Out of love with fitteds

Postby Caroline » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:48 am

Fitteds were brilliant with India and she wore them right until potty training at 2. Max on the other hand is just too wriggly for them. I've just changed him and he wriggled off the mat 5 times. Its totally doing my head in :babyroll: I'm thinking of selling all my fitteds and replacing them with pockets/AIOs. Will I regret this as he gets older and he wees more? At the moment he is a really light wetter and a BG lasts overnight. I'm definitely selling my WNNN, WNNL and HL's as they just dont get the use :( I might have to cheer myself up with a WNOS :lol:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Out of love with fitteds

Postby megansmummy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:27 am

I think there are a few of us in this boat at the moment! :hug:

I have sold/am selling all my sized fitteds and i really would love mostly BTP nappies so that they fit Kieren and bump...i cant afford two seperate stashes!!

I would keep some fitteds just incase hun, I have kept 3 size 2 LL's, 16 OS goodmamas and a couple of randoms incase we want fitted/woolly days :) I also have some newborn/small fitteds and a large stash of prefolds.

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:34 am

Really? :shock: Tory you've surprised me I thought you were a real fitted and wool girl!

I'm loving fitteds, I don't want to use anything else and the likes of Itti's or other AIO's tend to wick. We've got a couple of pockets and they seem to be ok, I might invest in some easyfits so she can go to nursery in 'normal clothes' some days and interlock the others. The only thing that worries me with pockets is whether she'd react to the PUL cause PUL wraps left her red and rash'y :-?

I really really love our longies etc though :wine:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:37 am

Fayesmum wrote:Really? :shock: Tory you've surprised me I thought you were a real fitted and wool girl!

:( I have been since kieren was born pretty much but I love my fitteds too, i just like being able to fit him into normal clothes aswell and i hate putting wraps over fitteds...our fitteds go with wool and wool only :giggle: But i couldnt afford to just buy a stash of pocket/AIO's without selling some fitteds to fund it :wink:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:39 am

I have a load of clwt-twt size 2's that I used with India so will keep those. They are still in the cupboard though and havent even been washed for use with Max :( If only the boy would keep still long enough for me to wrestle a nappy on him it would be fine :roll:

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:47 am

megansmummy wrote:
Fayesmum wrote:Really? :shock: Tory you've surprised me I thought you were a real fitted and wool girl!

:( I have been since kieren was born pretty much but I love my fitteds too, i just like being able to fit him into normal clothes aswell and i hate putting wraps over fitteds...our fitteds go with wool and wool only :giggle: But i couldnt afford to just buy a stash of pocket/AIO's without selling some fitteds to fund it :wink:

Yeah I kinda know where your coming from on.... I keep looking at the likes of Next and wanting to buy trousers for her. Although I've found her interlock soaker will go underneath baggy trousers without causing any wicking :wine: You don't get on with interlock though do you?

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:21 am

I used to use only fitteds and wool/interlock but have started using pockets again mainly as fitteds were taking so long to dry and all the inserts and liners were driving me a bit mad pockets are just less hassle for washing and drying so we use those 70% of the time Ive sold a lot to fund pockets but have kept 16 or so fitteds and have 2 nn on order :D
I didn't get on with pul but find it fine in pockets as long as they are minkee lined :D

My avatar
lucylou0417
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lucylou0417 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:29 am

Daniel never really got on with fitteds and always out peed them VERY quickly even with wool and extra boosting. Pockets done him till he was potty trained.

Lucyx

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:53 am

Another one here who is thinking the same (see my post from the other day). I have ordered a few more btp pockets so i can use them for Sandy and bump, but i should really sell some of my fitteds.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat