hf1

Out of love with fitteds

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Out of love with fitteds

Postby Sunset » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:03 am

We only use fitted's at night for this reason too, nappy changes were too much hassle. We have a mix of BG, Fuzzi's, coolababy and a couple WNSS pockets for day. I mostly reach for the aplix BG's as they are so quick and easy to put on and he hasn't yet worked out how to undo them. I've some newborn fitteds for bump but as soon as the BG's fit we'll be using them too.

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:06 am

I love fitteds & fleece/ wool- but Elsie is the first i've used it with as Kai was easy & in Pockets....

I do wish i had the choice with Elsie as i'd love to put her leggings on her etc, but she just out pees everything so fast.... :(

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:15 am

peachy.moo wrote:I love fitteds & fleece/ wool- but Elsie is the first i've used it with as Kai was easy & in Pockets....

I do wish i had the choice with Elsie as i'd love to put her leggings on her etc, but she just out pees everything so fast.... :(

we too rarely use pockets (despite owning 30 odd Weenotions :oops: ) but they last us if we are lucky between 1-2hrs thus may be selling or swapping them to fund more fitteds & wool :cry:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:17 am

I dont want to sell my HL day parrot but its just not getting the use. Looks like the WNNL and WNNN are going too :cry:

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:20 am

vampiredreams wrote:
peachy.moo wrote:I love fitteds & fleece/ wool- but Elsie is the first i've used it with as Kai was easy & in Pockets....

we too rarely use pockets (despite owning 30 odd Weenotions :oops: ) but they last us if we are lucky between 1-2hrs thus may be selling or swapping them to fund more fitteds & wool :cry:

Have the same here, changed Elsie into a WNSS pocket with BedBug insert, less than an hour at my friends & she needed changing!!!

I find it so hard- if i want to see her in jeans, tights or leggings just for something different, i have to put a disposable on her.....

Also don't own enough wool really as could do with soakers to wear under dresses.....

What do people do with girls in the winter in wool...? I love seeing Elsie in dresses, but as i can't use tights, what do people do...? :-?

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:24 am

Aoife has a stock of crawler covers to be worn with her skirties, soakers etc...other than that she'll be in longies or crops under dresses (like bloomers!) Our wardrobe of clothes for her cotain more wool than 'regular' clothes...we only own 2 pairs of jeans, 1 pair or dungarees and 2 leggings :-?

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:25 am

peachy.moo wrote:
What do people do with girls in the winter in wool...? I love seeing Elsie in dresses, but as i can't use tights, what do people do...? :-?

Babylegs I believe :wink: Although do you have to use socks underneath them as bare feet in shoes wouldn't be comfortable would it?? :-?

My avatar
malina
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby malina » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:28 pm

That's why i like both worlds:)
I love fitted around the house, no soaker usually:) I kind of driffted away from the pul covers and i think it is still to warm/hot to wear woolies.
Love the legwarmers though so when is a wee cooler, LO is wearing them, with Tshirt;)

Pockets and AIO are great for outings or morning pee flooding :wink:
And i shocked myself recently cos i like more AIO then pockets. Trimmer, slimmer, looks better, well the only problem is the drying time...
BG Aio organic is so tiny on my LO, is actually smaller then ittis :giggle: She can wear any clothes with it, including jeans.
Bambooty is also tiny... Both of them looks and feel smaller to compare to disposable :hohoho:

But, funny enough i don;t really like jeans and other trousers, the legwarmers are far more practical and comfy(LO is protesting v laudly when sth is restricting her freedom of movement! They go with skirts and dresses, with just tshirt as well!
for the winter i bought some leggins, cotton and wool one:)

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:31 am

I use a mixture of both. Fitteds and wool in the house, short journeys. And pockets when we are going out or have just got up/getting in the bath/playing in the garden. And pockets when he goes to other peoples houses ie grandmas just because they are easy to use

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat