hf1

Is this a good idea?

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Is this a good idea?

Postby Fayesmum » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:43 am

Faye starting nursery in September and I've intended to send her with fitteds and interlock soakers/longies/flongies.... Now I'm thinking (having read the thread!) that some easyfits would be nice as well for normal trousers

So I had a brainwave this morning and thought about typing up little cards laminated with 'I am a fitted nappy....' and 'I am a pocket nappy, please put me on and put the trousers on over the top....'

I dunno, do you think it would work? I don't know how many people will be looking after her and although I'm demonstrating at her settling in sessions, will the info sink in until they actually use them??

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Is this a good idea?

Postby vampiredreams » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:50 am

I can't see why it wouldn't be a good idea!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:52 am

Hey hun :) From my experience in nurseries (i am a nursery nurse) I would make it simple...stick to one type of nappy rather than swap and change all the time. I would either stick to fitteds and interlock all the time or use pockets or else someone is going to get confused and either put a fitted under trousers or overlock over the pockets :giggle:

Nurseries are busy places and of course they should do their best to accomodate your requests but i think making it straightforward goes along way...so whatever you want to use use but be consistent IYKWIM? But of course people who in sick, go on courses etc etc and it wont always be the same person changing fayes nappy etc.

ETA unless there are other children in cloth this will probably be most of their first experience with cloth! Remember how overwhelming it was when you started?

Just my opinion :)

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:56 am

megansmummy wrote:Hey hun :) From my experience in nurseries (i am a nursery nurse) I would make it simple...stick to one type of nappy rather than swap and change all the time. I would either stick to fitteds and interlock all the time or use pockets or else someone is going to get confused and either put a fitted under trousers or overlock over the pockets :giggle:

Nurseries are busy places and of course they should do their best to accomodate your requests but i think making it straightforward goes along way...so whatever you want to use use but be consistent IYKWIM? But of course people who in sick, go on courses etc etc and it wont always be the same person changing fayes nappy etc.

ETA unless there are other children in cloth this will probably be most of their first experience with cloth! Remember how overwhelming it was when you started?

Thank you. I know what you mean which is why I thought about writing something down.... and sort of 'this is what she'll be coming in but sometimes she might wear these....' Just you know the normal clothes issue? I don't want to use pockets full time but can afford to get a couple to make up maybe a day or 2 worth of wearing

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:57 am

megansmummy wrote:Hey hun :) From my experience in nurseries (i am a nursery nurse) I would make it simple...stick to one type of nappy rather than swap and change all the time. I would either stick to fitteds and interlock all the time or use pockets or else someone is going to get confused and either put a fitted under trousers or overlock over the pockets :giggle:

WSS! I'd stick with the same type, less confusing for them :wink:

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:26 am

I'd start with something easy then try something new when they are more used to it :D

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:54 am

I would stick to one type as well.
T don't get why she would have different sorts of clothing with her though :-? would she not just have a change in a bag on her peg in case of emergencies?

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:59 am

I'd stick with one kind for the first month, then have a chat with them about using the pockets. It should work as long as it was an all pocket day and there weren't any fitteds/interlock in the bag as well to get confused with. Just warn them that morning that she's wearing pockets that day, but it shouldn't matter as they'd just put the nappy on with her trousers/skirt over it like they would with the fitted then the interlock over.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat