hf1

Nappy Advisors?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Nappy Advisors?

Postby Caroline » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:35 pm

I was wondering if anyone here was a cloth nappy advisor and if they would mind answering a few questions for me?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: Nappy Advisors?

Postby littlesez » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:35 pm

Caroline wrote:I was wondering if anyone here was a cloth nappy advisor and if they would mind answering a few questions for me?

i am a little lambs advisor along side greenabubs any use?

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:46 pm

I'm a babykind advisor hun if you want me to answer any questions? xx

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:07 pm

I was just wanting some general information:

How did you choose who to be an agent for?
How much time do you spend each month advising/doing demos etc?
Is it worth your while from a financial perspective?
Do you do it for the love of cloth or to earn extra money (or both)?

My avatar
AnnaG
Clothie
Clothie

Postby AnnaG » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:52 pm

I'm an advisor for FYP.....

I chose FYP because they had extremely fast delivery and excellent customer service - something I looked for as a customer so I knew I was receommending a good company. They also had a good range of products - I wanted to show fluff I'd actually use myself. Also, looked at a few other companies and FYP had the best kit!

I'm also a volunteer for the local Real Nappy Project, so I volunteer 10h a month with them, Hold a couple of informal nappy demos a month, and a proper advertised one through RNP every few months.

Is it worth it financially....? Hmm. It keeps my daughter in new fluff, and the odd bits and bobs paid for with Paypal. If I wasn't as generous with my offers and discount, perhaps I'd be inclined to say yes. However as long as I can buy a decent amount of nappies with the money, I'm happy. And I love spreading the cloth word, any pennies I make is just an added bonus. I guess that answers your last Q too.... :)

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:57 pm

i'd love to be a nappy advisor. the only one i know of here seems to be trained in the art of prefold origami and um, lollipop nappies which i can't stick. she's nice though, just knows nothing of fitted nappies, wool, stuff like that. i'll talk cloth to anyone that will stay still long enough!lol

i'd love to convince our mothercare to stock more cloth stuff. to see tots in mothercare would be ace!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:12 pm

I set up greenabubs first and wanted to stock little lambs but they went for agents instead of stockists, so i didnt choose to be an advisor as such.

I dont spend enough time doing demos ect. :giggle: Its a lot harder gettting out and about than doing stuff online whilst bubs is in bed!

I would like to call myself a cloth nappy advisor purely based on the fact that I like to help people :D but really I should get out there and do more! I love helping newbies especially.

Money is just a little side line, not my full time job so just a bit on the side.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:33 am

Thanks ladies, that's rally helpful :D

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat