hf1

Wet weenotions *sob* bye bye pockets?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Wet weenotions *sob* bye bye pockets?

Postby charlibunny » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:53 pm

The time has come that Sophie and minky weenotions are just not mixing. She is doing power wee's now, and the legs of her WN's are forever wet :cry: I stuff with either a PD and EP hemp or a Bamboo square (folded in 3 ) a large LL booster and an EP.
She out pee's her neppula's too. I have a few BG but the elastic is gone and the others are my sister in laws whch i cannot afford to buy off her yet so dare not use them.

What can i do? Is there any pockets that will work? i love pockets but she out pee'd one in 2 hours today to the point her carseat was w :evil: :x et

My avatar
malina
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Wet weenotions *sob* bye bye pockets?

Postby malina » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:15 pm

i wanted to suggest PT cos they are the best, but they don't work for you anymore:(
Hawe you tried to put sth with microfiber on top pf the insert? microfiber is v quick to absorb, much quicker then bamboo, so with the mega pee the bamboo insert would have time to take the wettness from it.
that's to prevent leaking soon after peeing;)
but if the inset is saoked thrugh after two hours, then there is nothing you can do, just change her more often hun

My avatar
Mrs K
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Mrs K » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:52 pm

All we needed was a really slim booster in with the insert.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:57 pm

Oh no :hug: I imagine most pockets will be the same though using what your already stuffing with. Not want you want to hear I know. What size do you need? Wonder if I have anything to loan to try? It so easy to repair elastic so could you try that in your BG's?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:59 pm

malina wrote:i wanted to suggest PT cos they are the best, but they don't work for you anymore:(
Hawe you tried to put sth with microfiber on top pf the insert? microfiber is v quick to absorb, much quicker then bamboo, so with the mega pee the bamboo insert would have time to take the wettness from it.
that's to prevent leaking soon after peeing;)
but if the inset is saoked thrugh after two hours, then there is nothing you can do, just change her more often hun

You know when i tried one of my sister in laws BG's i used the MF inserts and a hemp one and a small bamboo and they were fantastic. I hate microfibre but maybe in BG's its ok.
Its the minky fabric that's just always wet on my weenotions, or anything minky to be fair :roll:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:01 pm

Shaunie wrote:Oh no :hug: I imagine most pockets will be the same though using what your already stuffing with. Not want you want to hear I know. What size do you need? Wonder if I have anything to loan to try? It so easy to repair elastic so could you try that in your BG's?

Minky is worst, it is just always damp? Im working on the BG elastic, need to order some lastin from weenotions and give it a shot but i am a crap sewer :giggle:
I don't want to sell my yummy Weenotions i have about 20 and they make up 90% of my pockets!

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:04 pm

are they minki lined? it might be rolling off the inner of the nappy iykwim

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:06 pm

i had the same prob its so annoying, i sold all my WN :cry: and replaced them with bgv4, thirstys duos and bg organics, they all work great and alisters a heavy wetter and with both MF inserts lasts around 2.5 hrs max!! but ive been used to regulary changing him so its fine!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:07 pm

emmalala wrote:are they minki lined? it might be rolling off the inner of the nappy iykwim

Most are yeah... i may try her in a fleece lines one later and see how that is, thanks for that.

I just put an uncovered FLuff and stuff on her (boosted too!!) and she was soaking on the outside in 30 minutes......

She is petrified of potty and toilets and won't even consider them. Plus having her bowel thing going on i can't imagine her making it to the toilet on time... ever! lol

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat