hf1

Anyone tried these woolly HC nappies?

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Anyone tried these woolly HC nappies?

Postby tiyuricc » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:28 pm

Just came across these on hyena cart, wondering if anyone has tried, or made their own. Had a quick look on ravelry and found a free pattern for a pocket nappy, but like the idea of the folding insert on this one.

http://hyenacart.com/knottybottomdiapers/index.php?c=28&p=92190

Wondering if it works...they're made of cotton, not wool, not sure if that makes a difference.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Anyone tried these woolly HC nappies?

Postby monsterm » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:11 pm

100% wool acts as a water proof outer but it doesn't absorb. I imagine the nappy would be as absorbant as a cotton nappy but I don't understand how it's a pocket b/c surely the outer of nappy should be 100%wool

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:16 pm

It's knitted in cotton I believe, not wool. I've been watching the progress a little. I've heard good, she tests them on her own children and has had others test for her.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:31 pm

I came across these on Monday and wondered how they worked. I'm intrigued, but not enough to part with money! Would be interested to hear reviews though.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:23 am

Soupdragon wrote:I came across these on Monday and wondered how they worked. I'm intrigued, but not enough to part with money! Would be interested to hear reviews though.

me too! wondering if i might try to make the pattern from rav, which is a different style to this and has a pocket for extra stuffing. haven't had a look yet, but i think the details are sparse so not sure that my knitting skills are up to it yet.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat