hf1

When did your LO fit Onesize nappies?

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

When did your LO fit Onesize nappies?

Postby happytails » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:44 am

Just wondering how old your LO was when you started using onesize nappies (Amber was 6lb 9oz at birth and they would have drowned her for weeks!!)

Thinking of getting a few so Amber and Lucas can use the same nappies (thinking for ease when out and about).

Looking at fitteds:
Goodmama
Piddle poddle
Bububebe (never tried these)
Puddlekins OS
Baby beehinds (never tried these)

Any other OS fitteds you recommend for a small baby and toddler who will be about 2? Spam me :)

Sarah x

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: When did your LO fit Onesize nappies?

Postby tiyuricc » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:53 am

didn't have any onesize fitteds right at the start, but i did find that anything with poppers was a bit of a problem when clara was little (she was 9lb4oz at birth). i found that the spaces between poppers were such a large proportion of her whole circumference, that moving from one popper to the next made a massive difference in size iygwim. now, difference between poppers is minimal. definitely found that aplix or nippas were best when she was little, and by the sounds of it your little one will be even littler. am extremely sleep deprived so can't think of the fasteners on your list, but thought this might give you something to think about.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:07 am

tiyuricc wrote:didn't have any onesize fitteds right at the start, but i did find that anything with poppers was a bit of a problem when clara was little (she was 9lb4oz at birth). i found that the spaces between poppers were such a large proportion of her whole circumference, that moving from one popper to the next made a massive difference in size iygwim. now, difference between poppers is minimal. definitely found that aplix or nippas were best when she was little, and by the sounds of it your little one will be even littler. am extremely sleep deprived so can't think of the fasteners on your list, but thought this might give you something to think about.

I think majority are poppered. Though DD can undo aplix/nippas so didnt really want to use onesize nappies with these. Have a few aplix/nippa'd newborn nappies though :wink:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:14 am

I've got some OS nappies for the same reason. I didn't use OS with Iris. At least not during the day; I started using a BB as a night nappy when she was a few months old and didn't find it a problem it being popper fastening. The only thing I would say is to think about the boosters. GM and PP both have the sewn-together double booster. I don't think I'll like those on a newborn much - will give Bean a huge bum. And they don't need the absorbency when they're tiny. The BubuBébé comes with three boosters that snap in independently, so you can add as many as you need. Much better for a newborn, to my mind. The BB has two snap in boosters that you can use independently, so same thing. Never used a PK OS, so can't comment. :)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:16 am

I started using OS's on Kieren at 6 weeks, in the HH OS i just used the small insert, with the GM's i used it with the booster in for overnight and just took the booster out in the daytime as i found he didnt need it :)

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:22 am

I didnt use any of those from teeny, I can try a GM on him if you like, but he's 11lb now. Summer first used a BBH at just under a month old (7lb15.5)

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat