hf1

Cloth at nursery.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Cloth at nursery.

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:29 pm

We went round a couple of nurseries yesterday, as my new job means we are likely to need extra childcare. When I mentioned that we use cloth, the nursery assistant said she has never seen 'modern' cloth nappies in RL before, and she has been working for 4 years.

I used to work in a couple of nurseries, and we only had a few in cloth - all were in prefolds or fitteds. :babyrolleyes:

I was quite surprised by her reaction, for those of you with lo in nursery, what reactions have you had?

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Cloth at nursery.

Postby e586 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:46 pm

mine were happy to use them with Natalie, there were a few others there who used them too. A girl in her room wore BG's as well, so we had to label all of ours just in case! :) Another boy slightly older wore fitteds and wraps.

I think Ryan's the only one in cloth that's there right now. They still love using them, and the girls always comment that they're so much nicer and easier to change as they don't slide everywhere and rip like disposables do!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:54 pm

Dawn's were fab with it! They all used terries on their children so were a bit confused by the 'modern' ones, but soon got the hang of it. They even managed a fitted with a fleece skirtie :giggle:

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:59 pm

Isaiah is the only one in cloth at his nursery but they have used cloth on others before. They were fine when I said he used cloth nappies and even happier when they found out it would be BG's as they find them so easy to use. They enjoy his nappy changes as they let him choose what colour he wants to wear next!

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:40 pm

The nursery that Nell went to had had at least one other child in cloth previously, so a couple of the longer term staff were familiar with BGs. Some of the other staff were initially a little wary/eluctant but I kept her nursery nappies simple - mostly aplix pockets - and they usually managed ok (if done up a little loose sometimes).

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:50 pm

oscar's nurseries (he's in his 3rd one now) all said they'd had kids in cloth previously. he had fitteds, wraps, and paper liners and they all were keen to learn whatever system we used. the 1st nursery, which lasted at for 3 months only, was horrid, and they weren't smart enough to work out that him taking a bag of cloth in the morning meant we knew exactly how many times he'd been changed in a day. or not been changed as it turned out. his next two have been fab with it.

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:13 pm

Conan`s nursery are fine about it, he is not the only child in his room in cloth, and they dont mind what system i use either. I normally send in velcro pockets but today he went in wearing a fitted and wool :)

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:17 pm

pippa's nursery is fine with cloth, they've had children in cloth before but have never come across pockets and there amazed how easy they are to use. If her nursery wouldn't use cloth she wouldn't go to that one
xx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:06 pm

Ours are fine - there was a bit of a learning curve for them as Grace is the only child in a large nursery to use cloth but several of the staff used them on Isabelle so they weren't averse to the concept :lol:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat