hf1

Cloth at nursery.

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Cloth at nursery.

Postby cat27m » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:36 pm

We send in washable wipes. I wet about 12 Weenotions ones for the day and send them in a plastic snap shut box and they're fine using them. They liked them so much that they ordered loads of Weenotions ones to use in the baby room!!!

Cathleen xx

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Ethans nursery have been great. They told me before he started that they would learn to use any system I wanted but I chose v2 bg,s because they are so simple. We've never had a problem yet. His nursery also wrap the used nappies in nappy sacks and then put them in the wetbag....I let them get on with it as its just what they do. :-)

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:22 am

We found our nursery great. We use BBSS as they are easy to use and last us 4 hours, but they would have used any system including fitteds and wool. We also use washable wipes and they have been fine with those. They have one other baby in prefolds so ours seemed much easier.

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:33 am

The nursery Faye will be going to are quite happy with me sending in cloth, though she is the first child to not wear disposables. It was quite a deciding factor for us when we were looking round and a few did turn their noses up at the idea, which meant we weren't interested in going further with them... Shame really some were lovely set ups :-? but this one is just as nice so were lucky :wine:

Were using fitteds and interlock/fleece. I was going to send in washable wipes as well (they provide pampers wipes which I don't want them using) but might put cotton wool in her bag instead. She has her settling in sessions this week, so I'll be showing the staff then what to do :D

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Moo was wearing a dress when we went round and they all ooooo-ed at her TB cherrylicious easyfit! I think we will try out the washable wipes ourselves first before we bring it up with the nursery! Cotton wool will be fine for now I think!

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:01 am

Would you mind casting your eye over this idiot's guide?

Cloth nappies:
Cloth nappies should not need to be changed more than normal, but as it is less obvious when they need changing than with disposables, please physically check the nappy throughout the day. As a guide, I would probably change her roughly every 2.5/3 hours:
• first thing after waking up (7:30 am)
• mid-morning (10:00 am)
• after lunch/before nap (12:30 pm)
• mid-afternoon (3:00 pm)
• after tea (5:00 pm)
• before bed (7:30 pm)

* If she has pooed she will need to be changed straight away.

To make things as easy as possible, we will try and use one or two brands of nappies. Most will be popper fastening, however, if any are hook and loop, they will need to be secured before you put them in the wetbag (either folded over on themselves, or secured to the white strip. This stops them from getting tangled in the machine.

If the nappy is dirty, please can you attempt to flick the worst of it into the WC (I do understand this is not a pleasant job, but it reduces the risk of bacteria in the nappies).

We will try and bring in 5/6 each day, and we are happy for any unused nappies to stay at nursery, if they are the first nappies used the following week.

Cloth wipes:
The larger wipes are for nappy changes. If the nappy is wet, please simply wipe her with a dry wipe and pop it in the wetbag. If the nappy is dirty, dampen a wipe in warm/hot water before cleaning her (towelling side works best). Most nappy changes will require one or two wipes to remove the waste (again, if you are able to, please get rid of the worst over the WC) and then a final wipe with the coloured side to dry her off (or use a clean dry wipe). Then please put the wipes in the wetbag.

Cloth face wipes:
As M has sensitive skin we do not use wet wipes at all, so there are some cloth face wipes in her bag. Please dampen with warm water if necessary and then put them in her small owl wetbag.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:01 pm

Looks ok to me, although I don't expect the nursery to deal with poo, I just tell them to fold the nappy up and I'll sort it when I empty the wet bag later. DD uses the potty for poo morning and night now so we rarely get pooey nappies now though. Your wipes system is more complicated than mine (we just use a wet cloth wipe for all changes.) but I'm sure it'll be fine :-)

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby girlinleeds » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:18 pm

i was just going to say they might not deal with the poo, our nursery just put they nappy in a nappy sack inside our nappy bag and we deal with it at home, we also just use the same wipes for bum and face
x

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:29 pm

It seems a little complicated, really not sure if they will be able to shake poop into the toilet as it would mean leaving the room and leaving children unattended or staff:child ratio incorrect, agree with above aswell we use same cloths for everything xx

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat